News   Apr 29, 2024
 78     0 
News   Apr 29, 2024
 318     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.9K     6 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Meh, Beijing 2008 is the sporting event to look forward to.

You're right. When I think of Adidas I think of soccer. But since Adidas is one of the major partners for the Olympics, there is even more reason to believe that this location will be a huge hit.

I think the Olympics should be shown on the video screen above the Adidas store and/or some of the other video screens at Y/D Square. Maybe have all the screens showing different events with bleachers positioned facing them all. Each screen would have a different feed so that there is a variety of events to watch. On the stage there could be a variety of performances from all over the world throughout the games. People from all over the City/GTA can come watch the athletes from their home countries compete and as a city we can celebrate the spirit of the Olympics. Hmmm, now if only there was a building somewhere in the area that could organize and facilitate these events....

You're right. When I think of Adidas I think of soccer. But since Adidas is one of the major partners for the Olympics, there is even more reason to believe that this location will be a huge hit.

I think the Olympics should be shown on the video screen above the Adidas store and/or some of the other video screens at Y/D Square. Maybe have all the screens showing different events with bleachers positioned facing them all. Each screen would have a different feed so that there is a variety of events to watch. On the stage there could be a variety of performances from all over the world throughout the games. People from all over the City/GTA can come watch the athletes from their home countries compete and as a city we can celebrate the spirit of the Olympics. Hmmm, now if only there was a building somewhere in the area that could organize and facilitate these events....

hmmm... 'Olympic Spirit'... I like the sound of that! I think you may be on to something!

hahaha

Too bad CityTV is moving to this great space at Dundas Square. Talk about a lost opportunity. This spirit thing surely would have been a success!

Nothing gets done right in this city.. City takes over that spot just like Corus took over prime waterfront space. I hate city council! Down with Miller!

And the Weather Report for UrbanToronto today is: Heavy doses of irony, turning to wet sarcasm late in the morning! Posters are warned to be careful of slippery slopes!

AMC Yonge & Dundas 24 Grand Opening March 28, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's official, Friday March 28th is the first operating day of the 2 level theatre. Although AMC will be occupying up to 5 of the top levels at Toronto Life, I'm just letting everybody know about the opening date. Tell your friends. Sorry for the shameless free ad but I believe the information is relevant to this forum as well.

oh, and for anyone complaining about the HVAC units looking ugly or happy that they're covered now, without them the Xenon bulbs on the projectors would kaputz in a matter of seconds because of their wattage. Just an aside.

Ryerson will be utilizing 12 of the theatres during the day for classes. It will definitely be a busy area once everything is sorted out, including the possibility of the Toronto International Film Festival premiering some of its content at AMC Y&D 24. Just thought you guys would be interested.

thanx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by kamikaze4511 : 02-06-2008 at 04:42 PM.

kamikaze4511
View Public Profile
Find all posts by kamikaze4511

#183 02-04-2008, 07:11 PM
kamikaze4511
Registered User Join Date: Feb 2008

Milestones, Jack Astors

a bit more info (because my girlfriend works at another Milestones), Milestones is slated to open in June, supposedly, and like Jack's will have some sort of rooftop/side patio for the smokers. I'm assuming Jack's will be above where the JACK ASTOR'S sign is on the eastern side of the building, and Milestones will be on the west. Just an assumption. It's too bad all the occupants are opening in phases because it's really detracting from the 'Grand Opening' they had when Future Shop opened, c'est la vie I suppose. I can't wait for everything to come together by years end.

From kamakazi on SSP

Xenon bulb lamp houses should be ventilated to the exterior, I don't think all those HVAC ducts facing Dundas Street has anything to do with that.

Speaking of HVAC, I noticed exposed ducts crawling up the north side of the building to the roof today.

Re: AMC Grand Opening. I will be there on March 28 to watch whatever. I'll be done class at 1 and head on over. I saw an ad in The Star about a job fair for the theatre. It brought back memories as to when the first two AMCs opened in Scarborough and Oakville. I went down to the convention centre and scored my first real job (2nd if delivering the Scarb. Mirror counts). Within the first few months they were trying to recruit people to work at the Yonge-Dundas AMC, way back in '98-'99. And to think it's finally going to open.

Re: AMC Grand Opening. I will be there on March 28 to watch whatever. I'll be done class at 1 and head on over. I saw an ad in The Star about a job fair for the theatre. It brought back memories as to when the first two AMCs opened in Scarborough and Oakville. I went down to the convention centre and scored my first real job (2nd if delivering the Scarb. Mirror counts). Within the first few months they were trying to recruit people to work at the Yonge-Dundas AMC, way back in '98-'99. And to think it's finally going to open.

I wonder if any of those who showed interest back in 98-99 got calls recently for interviews, lol.

just some night shots...

Feb0820085.jpg

Feb0820083.jpg

Let me get this right...so AMC is having a GRAND OPENING on its 2 of 5 levels??? So they are opening several screens at a time?

What is the point when other 3 levels are still in the work? I can imagine while watching a drama and then hearing the construction noise from upper levels.

They should have wait til everything is done, and have their GRAND opening.

Back