News   Jul 22, 2024
 91     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 948     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 4K     7 

The seemingly terminal decline of Tim Hortons

I didn't know Tim's Canada sold poutine. I'm certainly not expert on it, but I've been pretty much spoiled since having it in Quebec.

I imagine a US version would involve sausage gravy and melted processed cheese.
Tim's poutine? Now I just want to throw up 🤮

I didn't know Tim's Canada sold poutine.

I don't think they do! But I haven't been in a Tim's in awhile.

The thing is you don't actually brand Tim's as Canadian in Canada, but they clearly do overseas, where it seems to have some cache.

I'm certainly not expert on it, but I've been pretty much spoiled since having it in Quebec.

You'd be right, in Quebec, they consistently use fresh cheese curd, as in within 24 hours of it being made. Not true elsewhere in the same measure, certainly not in fast food establishments.

I imagine a US version would involve sausage gravy and melted processed cheese.

Just Ewww, that is all.

Tim's have opened their first location in India:

The Chicken Tikka croissant does look amazing in the photo, but knowing Horton's they will absolutely ruin chicken Tikka and the other Indian dishes.

The Chicken Tikka croissant does look amazing in the photo, but knowing Horton's they will absolutely ruin chicken Tikka and the other Indian dishes.

Well, ruining food seems to be their wheelhouse.

Everything would have to be made in their central factory and flash frozen. I wonder how a croissant (isn't that French, not Indian?) would stand up to that manufacturing process. Also, when you consider what goes into menu processing, supply chain management, distribution, etc. I wonder how big a seller this would this be in 4300 Canadian stores. It's an issue for any food service chain (term used loosely in this case) operating in multiple nations. I doubt beef hamburger is a big seller in a lot of countries, anymore that pickled pig's feet would sell well here.

The video notes.....5,300 restos (oh boy is that a loaded term in this case)................across 13 countries, making the enterprise sound rather majestic, LOL

The ubiquity of McDs is enough to confirm bad taste is a global phenomenon.

That said......LOL, what they don't mention is that 4,300 of the locations are in one country (to our utter shame).........

So 81% of Tim's remain in Canada with 19% spread across 12 other countries.

Here's a notion for you (depressing thought).........if Tims were as successful (as measured by location count per capita) in India, as in Canada......

Tims would have.....150,000 locations in India alone.

Is it worse than Pizza Pizza? Because that would be hard to do.

You know Tim's isn't putting in Pizza Ovens. What are they using to warm these up/melt the cheese? A salamander? A microwave? LOL

I'm with @TossYourJacket if someone can find a way to make a cardboard crust with bland sauce and mediocre toppings worse, its RBI/Tim's!

Back