News   May 17, 2024
 2.2K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 9.9K     10 

The Met + Encore at The Met (Edilcan, 43 + 33s, P+S) COMPLETE

Re: SEXY!

Putting Tim's on the corner was tacky to me personally. Other than that I have fond memories of Eatons in the mid 70s.

I included the old red brick building on the northwest corner in the area only because I love it so. Even with the starbucks-mud-in-cop franchise as it's prime tenant.

Yes, but other than Tim's being Tim's, it's basically inoffensive and leaves well enough alone. (And, Tim's being Tim's, it's flypaper for urban pedestrian action in the best sort of way. Whereas Toronto Hydro, for all its architectural glory up above, is deadsville at street level. Just being nitpicky.)

"Just being nitpicky"

to be as well

the constant reminder is no longer necessary with over 2400 posts to your credit

Whereas Toronto Hydro, for all its architectural glory up above, is deadsville at street level.

Agreed, those mid level north facing Met buyers will have a nice view looking out or down at TH, though.

i believe Met 2 will be starting up soon. yesterday they removed the big planter box along the north side of the sales centre, so i'm sure hoarding can't be far behind

So where exactly is phase 2 located? Is it on carlton as well? and how tall is it?

okay thats it for now...thanks

The Met Phase 2 ... or Encore as it is known is directly east of Phase 1, it is 33 stories and the two towers share a common driveway

photos by cassiusa

Met
IMG_1945.jpg

IMG_1946.jpg

IMG_1947.jpg

IMG_1949.jpg

IMG_1950.jpg

The sales office is completely gone.
IMG_1951.jpg

IMG_1952.jpg

IMG_1953.jpg

IMG_1955.jpg

IMG_1956.jpg

IMG_1957.jpg

Very pretty, and I love the flourish of the corner balconies. Nice to see. Did I see somebody here mention that they think the splash of red looks pretty good here too? I would agree, too bad its not staying.

Great photos. I'm already thinking this might be my favourite new condo tower in the city. (Sorry 18 Yorkville.) Could we please have more of these curvy eye-catchers and fewer of the Clewes boxes? (The first 30 were fine but enough's enough...)

on edit: forgot the "my". (stupid first person possessives...)

I'm with you Irishmunk, sexy curves are long overdue. This one's lookin' real nice.

Its nice to see buildingsd like this, as it draws your attention away from the crap around them. Much more pleasing on the eyes.

Thanks Cassiusa.

It's great to see the top of this building popping up unexpectedly over the roofs of other buildings, now that it's got some serious height going on.
Where it's looking really impressive is in the view westward down Carlton, looking toward Yonge, from around Jarvis street.
Not only does the building strongly 'torque' the sightlines of the street, emphasizing the bend in Carlton there, it creates a gentle, but powerful canyon effect.
Even better, at sunset, it takes the sunlight shining down College, and reflects it at an angle that sends it beaming down Carlton, with the building's dark glass turned bright gold at the end of the vista. Pretty impressive.

Back