News   Jul 15, 2024
 487     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 642     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 579     0 

The Met + Encore at The Met (Edilcan, 43 + 33s, P+S) COMPLETE

Re: SEXY!

It could just be the colourful construction balconies that I love so much, but this could be that rare project that actively looks better than its rendering. It actually benefits from the street around it...

I also like that they number the floors with signs... makes it much easier to see what # they are on when you are biking by. :)

Thanks for the photos!!! I always like seeing how the project is coming along from 'across the pond'. I can't wait until they start construction on Encore. :D

It's been a few weeks since I passed by that site. I can't believe how far along it's coming. Looking good I say.

Now I really hope they keep the temporary red and yellow balconies...they just add some BAM! I'm sure it'll still look good with almost invisible black railings, but with the red it'll look kind of like one of my favourite commie blocks, Wishing Well Manor up in Agincourt:
WishingWellManor.jpg

Loving this project. It really makes street feel like it has that New York canyon appearance to it.

It's really lookin' good. Whodathunk that nice condos don't have to be boxes?

Whodathunk that nice condos don't have to be boxes?

speaking of which, I wonder about the unit layouts

^ exactly what I was thinking. Round looks good from the outside but unless you have a really large unit the inside will be hard to furnish I would think.

This project's a real sleeper. I don't even think it was on the radar 3 years ago and now here it is making a huge and positive impact near one of our major intersections. Given this town's history with such calendar gobblers as Bay Adelaide, Metropolis and TTT, who would've thunk this was even possible.

I quite like the different floorplans with the rounded walls...makes for a nice change from all the 'box'-like ones as there is only so many variations you can do with those. But aside from about 3 or 4 floorplans at the Met/Encore I think most are quite similar to the 'box'-like ones of most condos anyways.

It looks really impressive sticking it's head out amoung the other rather bland buildings, especially from Church st. and when walking down Yonge st.

Other than the old victorian building on the Northwest corner of yonge and college and the Toronto Hydro building across from the met that area is damn ugly. Until this went up.

Only the Uptown interests me slightly more in recent years.

Eaton's College Street is ugly?

(Note: I'm deliberately not calling it College Park, in order to factor out everything post-1977)

Carlton between Yonge and Church always reminds me of Montreal... all of that 60s and 70s concrete dense urbanism...

Back