News   May 06, 2024
 388     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 1.4K     1 

The Met + Encore at The Met (Edilcan, 43 + 33s, P+S) COMPLETE

Re: Looking Great

ah yeah cassiusa I didn't notice the sample balconies before. They do look great!

have any of you Encore buyers heard anything about a construction start? Met I is flying up, but i'm really surprised Encore hasn't broken ground yet

When I was very close to buying in January they were indicating the construction would start any month. There are very few units left, so I don't see the point in maintaining a sales office.

Encore Construction

I've been told that the Sales office is closing on August 17th so it can be demolished and construction on Encore can begin!!! Can't wait! :D

Re: Encore Construction

Looks very handsome... a fine addition to the area.

Re: Encore Construction

Wow that glass enclosed balcony looks fantastic. Something about the precast makes the project look even beter. This may be one of my personal favourites of the recent boom.

SEXY!

This building is FABULOUS! It looks really impressive sticking it's head out amoung the other rather bland buildings, especially from Church st. and when walking down Yonge st. I was blown away that they actually covered that blanc wall in glass. Way to go!!!! We need more interesting, curvy buildings like this. Why should Mississauga be the only one to get sexy architecture?

Re: SEXY!

Even just leaving the construction railings still would look great.

"sticking it's head out amoung the other rather bland buildings"

That's too kind to some of those buildings along Carleton between Yonge and Church.

Last night on the way home I noticed that they have removed the glass from the one floor that had it's balconies completed. Presumably they put it up just as a test and remove it later to be sure the glass doesn't break during the rest of the construction process? I remember them putting up just one floor on Spire as well but they never took it down.

edit: typo

From yesterday (August 10th, 2006). They're working on the 33rd floor.

Met01.jpg

Met02.jpg

Met03.jpg

Met04.jpg

It looks, in your pictures Cassius, that there's no room for the Encore building. Trying to imagine it wedged in between the Met and that crappy little yellow-brick thing is just straining my gray matter a titch too much.

Cool shots - thanks!

10 more floors to go. And its a winner. And you can even see this thing from dundas sq. and its not even at its full hieght yet.

amazing stuff.

You can't tell from this angle but the row of townhomes along Granby(?) that is married to Met 1 & 2 is quite huge/tall... really meets the street with attitude.

met1.jpg

Back