News   May 10, 2024
 3.1K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.4K     0 

Tamil Protests downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me of an Oka crisis lite.
These Canadians got some attention here tonight.

BTW us tax payers don't mind paying GM to continue selling us overpriced crap cars though (they don't have to pay back their recent "loan" if they can't and our government declares this as if we thought that all along). What's a few more dollars eh.

Last edited:
Here's a thought ... protest outside the Indian Embassies in Toronto and Ottawa instead.

Like most groups that have a problem with a particular country's gov't, they direct their concerns and anger towards that entity.

facetoface.jpg

Seeing as the LTTE assassinated the former Prime Minister of my old homeland, does that now give me an excuse to block an expressway too? Watch the interviews. Most of these folks are simply parroting Tamilnet propaganda. The younger ones have no clues about the issues. And really how much can Canada do right now anyway?

This reminds me of an Oka crisis lite.

That crossed my mind too.
A friend of mine covers political issues by being there. She's been doing the Hot Docs Film Festival this past week/weekend but I have a sense she may pick up on this and be there tonight with camera in hand.
So an off topic shout-out, for those who don't remember Oka check out her "behind the barricades" photographic coverage of the Oka crisis nearly 20 years ago (seems like yesterday). It's an older site put together with old html code and sometimes hard on the eyes but well worth a look as you won't see these photos anywhere else. She's a good writer too.
It's the 12th link down, "Behind the Barricades: OKA". This is a pop-up free, non-commercial website that she put together many years ago. Given the similarity (highway blocked) I hope this is appropriate.

http://www.indyfoto.com/global.html

don't give them any ideas. They just might. The unions example of hijacking the city is worse enough for them to follow. Every protest in the future might follow suit if demands aren't met.

If your going to call them Canadians:confused: then they should obey the Canadian laws.
Wow, that almost sounds like bigotry!

There's bigger questions here ... why did the leader of the Opposition have to step in and deal with this - where is our real government? Seems all Harper had to do to end this, was promise to bring in the High Commisioner from Sri Lanka to discuss it; which doesn't seem unreasonable, given the hundreds of people that have died in the last couple of days. Does no one in the Tory party work on Sundays?

Here's a thought ... protest outside the Indian Embassies in Toronto and Ottawa instead.
The shear ignorance of this statement shocks me. A) There are no Indian embassies in Canada; B) There are no embassies at all of any nation in Toronto (as far as I know); C) What on earth has India got to do with this, any more than Canada?

Last edited:
The raw, ugly, naked face of unbridled multiculturalism (emphasis on the cult) exposed. A big favour these people are doing to us, really, for now we see the true nature - the logical extent - of this wretched policy. And with each illegal blockade these people undertake there is one additional nail driven into the coffin of this perverse, disastrous, divisive notion that has allowed to spin out of control for far too long in this country.

So blockade away, wrap more of your brainwashed children in your terrorist garb, do us the favour of seeing who you really are. It's instructive, honest, and what Canada needs to see. I'll give them credit for one thing too, they aren't even *pretending* to give a rat's ass about this country and the people in it. I'll reckon they'll all be waving the Maple Leaf July 1? Wearing their poppies on Nov. 11?

Disgraceful police acquiescence to this, it should not have been tolerated for five minutes and the lot of them arrested on the spot, Public Order Unit brought in, and those not here legally swiftly deported. Can only imagine if these people tried this on, say, FDR Drive. Somehow doubt the NYPD would be so indulgent.

Again, thanks guys, thanks for erasing any doubt.

What a bizarre post! They were waving Canadian flags last night - why wouldn't they be waving them on July 1st?

We have city roads being blocked all the time by protests - include ones wider than they blocked yesterday!

Deport them? I'm really shocked at the racist tones in some of these posts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back