News   Jun 24, 2024
 176     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 4.9K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     3 

Star of Downtown, The (Willowfield/Norstar, 12s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

It's critical to have a good real estate lawyer when you buy a home to review the Purchase and Sale Agreement and I'd also use the lawyer for closing.

OK guys I wont bore you with my long story, just the lesson: If you have a PDI scheduled, just make sure of "visiting" the unit the day before. That's what I did, and found out the unit was not livable at all and had to push my inspection for 2 days later... by the way the construction office has been moved to P1, the guys there are supernice and always willing to help, true!
Good luck!

If you have a PDI scheduled, just make sure of "visiting" the unit the day before. That's what I did, and found out the unit was not livable at all and had to push my inspection for 2 days later.

If those pictures are any indication how can two days make any difference?

el_vitiligo - Where/what is P1 ?

P1 is parking, now the trailer that was set behind the building has being dismantled, and if you want to talk to someone you have to go into the elevator and go down to P1, maybe there is another entrance, but dont know it.
and have to say thanks to BUGEYEDBRIT who alert me on this matter with the pics of the unfinished unit...mine looked a little bit more finished, but no kitchen, toilets, floors....they pushed the PDI, but not the closing, and guaranteed it should be livable by my occupancy date...lets see...have to say I liked what I saw though....

Fyi

The next meeting for the residents is at 5pm on Saturday (4/19) in the Lobby.

Thanks for all the comments regarding Rogers, folks. Very helpful info.

My PDI is scheduled for Tuesday, so I think I'm going to try to make my way in today to take a look at the unit... based on a few messages here it sounds like things may be delayed yet again. A TTC strike would certainly not help matters much. Hopefully the unit will be ready before the end of the month since I'll be booted out of my current accomodations at that time!

I really wish that I could refuse occupancy until the building is ready... it doesn't sound particularly enjoyable (not unexpectedly so given that it's still in construction), and my "occupancy fee" is fairly egregious relative to what my mortgage payment will be.

EDIT: Any news, BEB? Just curious since I suspect that my experience will be similar to yours....

How did last week's meeting go? Anything productive?

The meeting have made headway. We are focusing in on safety and security for common areas.

1) Flooding in the building

2) Security codes

3) The workers taking the jams out when they leave that keep the access doors open.

4) Elevators malfunctioning

5) Fire Alarms going off all the time.

6) Air Quality

7) The key pad to get from the stairwells to the lobby do not work. This could trap people in case of a fire.

I think there is one more I forgot. The meetings are working because one resident really worked hard for all of us this week. I won't mention his name without his permission. With the verbal and written support of the group he was able to have a city inspector here last Friday and a representative from the company. We're also having a local politician here at 6pm on Monday. Those who can make it should.

I noticed this week far less fire alarms and the door jams are being left less often. Probably because the trailer office has been moved into the building. Some of us finally got our buzz codes. Those who did not must fill out the information sheet included in your PDI and bring it down to the P1 office.

I heard some really bad unit issues this weekend, far worse than we experienced. Tarion is going to have a field day. Our big unit issue of the week is one of the air conditioning units is not working.

I dropped by today, courtesy of the door being open from a move. Headed up to my unit on the 11th, but I couldn't get in - rudimentary doors are up now. At least I hope those aren't the permanent doors. I could see some flooring type material under the door, but it certainly wasn't the hardwood that I ordered (or hardwood at all).

I suppose I'll just have to wait and see for my PDI.

I completed my PDI today - and it really was laughable. I have no idea how they expect to finish the place off by Friday, but I'm going to be entertained to see the end result. I was never expecting much for the money and actually am looking forward to doing minor things myself. But some of this is just too funny.

I've uploaded a screenshot.

That white panel looking thing you see on the left side is the main circuit breaker. In the master bedroom. Not in the closet WHICH THE BREAKER IS SHARING A WALL WITH. Why not flip the thing 180 degrees and make it so that the breaker panel is inside the closet? Is this some code requirement? (my current place has the breaker in the closet, so I'd suspect not) They wouldn't even have to change the location of any of the wires.

The whole thing is filled with questionable design decisions and "WTF" implementation.

Attachments

• View of bathroom, closets and half bedroom-1.jpg
    View of bathroom, closets and half bedroom-1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 301
I completed my PDI today - and it really was laughable. I have no idea how they expect to finish the place off by Friday, but I'm going to be entertained to see the end result. I was never expecting much for the money and actually am looking forward to doing minor things myself. But some of this is just too funny.

I've uploaded a screenshot.

That white panel looking thing you see on the left side is the main circuit breaker. In the master bedroom. Not in the closet WHICH THE BREAKER IS SHARING A WALL WITH. Why not flip the thing 180 degrees and make it so that the breaker panel is inside the closet? Is this some code requirement? (my current place has the breaker in the closet, so I'd suspect not) They wouldn't even have to change the location of any of the wires.

The whole thing is filled with questionable design decisions and "WTF" implementation.
Your plight is all too common! I went through the same thing with Camrost.

No carpet, kitchen, etc, etc during my inspection.

Going for my client's PDI today. It is also the Tribeca Model on the top floor. I will be bring my camera with me as well and noting all the deficiencies. I will let you know how it goes.

Sorry I missed the Sat meeting, will definately make the next one.

Back