60     0 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 259     0 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 327     0 

Star of Downtown, The (Willowfield/Norstar, 12s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

Thanks!

back on topic....

Can anyone say if they have water temp issues ? We have tepid water and the building manager said ' no one else complained...', well great, thats lovely for everyone else, but doesn't help me, the water has not been hot enough to shower in since we pdi'd a week ago, am getting a little frustrated at the lack of action, I know some things take time, but water for basic living shouldn't be one of them.

BEB,
Others have had water temp issues. A guy on my floor had them come into his unit and they fixed it, he didn't know what they actually did to repair it.

Check your AC units, it seems some others are having issues like we are experiencing. Don't wait until a hot day to find out.

I am curious how guys like us fit into cars like yours, my brother had an MG and I was chewing my knees.

Thanks!

back on topic....

Can anyone say if they have water temp issues ? We have tepid water and the building manager said ' no one else complained...', well great, thats lovely for everyone else, but doesn't help me, the water has not been hot enough to shower in since we pdi'd a week ago, am getting a little frustrated at the lack of action, I know some things take time, but water for basic living shouldn't be one of them.

Changing the water temperature should just take seconds. They only have to use an allan key to do adjust it.

Love the car by the way!

Thanks!

back on topic....

We thought we were the only ones lacking a really hot hot water. I will talk to Les about it. Is it probably a Manhattan issue?

quick question ... sort of.

we were wisked through the PDI like no ones business. it felt like no sooner did we enter then we were leaving. what should we have put on the PDI form that differs from the 30 day form? the list we have compiled since moving in is greatly longer than that of the origonal. will all these "new" issues still be valid???

dazed and confused .....

we were wisked through the PDI like no ones business. it felt like no sooner did we enter then we were leaving. what should we have put on the PDI form that differs from the 30 day form? the list we have compiled since moving in is greatly longer than that of the origonal. will all these "new" issues still be valid???

shouldn't have any probs as long as you get the 30 day in on time (which many unfortunately miss by literally hours)

Also, I'm assuming by the wisking through the PDI no one told you to hire your own home inspector to accompany the developer's contractor .. next time

shouldn't have any probs as long as you get the 30 day in on time (which many unfortunately miss by literally hours)

Also, I'm assuming by the wisking through the PDI no one told you to hire your own home inspector to accompany the developer's contractor .. next time

Nope, no one told us any such thing but now that you mention it ... it makes complete sense. I will DEFINATELY make sure to get the list in before the 30 day deadline. What happens to those that miss out? Does Tarion not cover any of the defects? It seems rediculous to have only 30 days. Hell, I get more time when I buy a set of knives!

Thanks for the info!!

ok .. but does my first year begin on my move in date during interm occupancy or on the date when i actually take over ownership?

Just reading this thread with interest... (i'm also a recent British immigrant!) sorry to hear you're having so many problems.

Just to give some guidance on registration and the rent/occupancy fee/phantom mortgage - I moved into my new build condo early September last year. Although it was in a much move liveable state than what i've seen here, there is still lots of communal area detailing to be done and only about 1/4 of my PDI issues have been fixed. It seems once the bulk of the construction has been completed the developers scaled right back on the workforce (who, in fairness probably are much in demand) and now we have one guy going around fixing things. I would class our developers as pretty poor compared to some, but yours seem even worse sadly.

Timeline is as follows:
Moved in September
Developers applied for registration in December
Building registered in March
Closing at the end of this month
So from start-finish (I was the second person to take possession) the process has taken 9 months.

Good luck!

Nope, no one told us any such thing but now that you mention it ... it makes complete sense. I will DEFINATELY make sure to get the list in before the 30 day deadline. What happens to those that miss out? Does Tarion not cover any of the defects? It seems rediculous to have only 30 days. Hell, I get more time when I buy a set of knives!

Thanks for the info!!

In regards to your 30 day, Tarion won't warrant anything unless it was stated on the original PDI or if you any have proof as to who caused the damage. Anyone who tells you whatever you put on your 30 day will be warrantable is wrong. If it was that easy, then homeowners can constantly cause damage to their units and put it on their 30 day. If the developer tells you the'll fix everything on your 30 day list, they're lying. Even though they promise to do so, they'll be selective with what they believe is a deficiency or not.

If you move in and see a damage item, you should report it to the vendor right away in writing and Cc to Tarion. This way, you are able to protect yourself and you have a certain amount of days to report a damaged item that was not written on to your PDI.

If you missed your first 30 day form, the 30 day year end won't warrant as many items as the first 30 days. If you had a gouge in your wall before you moved in and reported it in the year end, they'll only patch but they're not required to sand or paint. If it was in the first 30 day, then they are required to sand and paint.

If the inspector is reluctant to put your deficiencies on your PDI, you should write a letter to Tarion and the vendor stating your additional deficiencies. This way, Tarion is aware that you did not cause the damage.

Norstar has really bad customer service, the rep is suppose express the importance of your 30 day and walk you through the PDI but this one just rushes you.

If you have any questions about your deficiencies, you should go to Tarion.com. It has all the information you need. If you read into their Tarion Guidelines, it will inform you on what is warrantable and what is not. On the bottom for some items, it will state that if the deficiency was not reported on the PDI then it's not warrantable unless you have proof.

OMG .. our 30 day is due tomorrow. I am really ticked that we did not know this in advance. I would have taken my sweet ass time through the PDI. I think there was maybe 4 or 5 things on our list and then we were done. I did not know the importance of it or I would have insisted on bringing an inspector with and would have GLADLY paid! If they so much as even bat an eyelish at any of the things that I have put down ... and I did not nit pick a bunch of tiny things ... I will be contacting my lawyer. Thanks for the heads up .. jsut wish I had of had it say 29 days ago.

:(

we are due to hand our 30 day form, and will be putting all our niggles on it, we have electrical issues, the main fuse keeps tripping when we plug things in, while the bathrooms have no socket power at all....frankly a lot of the other stuff I have fixed myself. I cannot believe that if an item is not on the PDI its not included, there is no way that the unit could have been thoroughly checked and passed fit in 45 minutes.

our Kitchen is looking good though!

2484278131_fc033c4b87.jpg

the lounge:

2484278431_011d4fdf19.jpg

BUGEYEDBRIT I would be careful with fixing your deficiencies on your own. Another important thing to know is that if you tamper with any of the deficiencies, it will no longer be warranted.

Don't let Ryan or any of the construction guys know because they can use it against you.

BUGEYEDBRIT I would be careful with fixing your deficiencies on your own. Another important thing to know is that if you tamper with any of the deficiencies, it will no longer be warranted.

Don't let Ryan or any of the construction guys know because they can use it against you.

When I say I am fixing them, we are talking minor stuff here, like reconnecting the sink, it was never a deficiency, just left unattached, sorry, but after asking twice in 2 days, and still getting no help, I did it, you know what makes me laugh ? They did send a plumber on friday to resolve the hot water issue, he came armed with.....a bit of wood and a caulking gun ?? He then announced he needed to talk to his boss(this would have been the 3rd time I had heard this crap)....I made it plain that it was not good enough, so he took another look, then determines that the tap needs adjusting, but he didn't have an allen key, just as well I did, so he used it and voila, we have hot water.

They came to fix our air con today, and erm, its gone, the whole aircon unit has been removed from the wall, I guess it will be back tomorrow.....:mad:

What a fiasco. Sorry to hear all the stories about this place. It must be maddening.

Since i'm new to this site and there were no pictures to show what this thing looked like, you guys all sounded like a bunch of fucking whiners to me. Then I finally saw this building and I thought.....but......it's......BEAUTIFUL!!! ;)

Seriously, this thing has earned every ounce of derision and scorn you guys have heaped on it. The name couldn't be more of a misnomer either! Also, how are hardwood floors a selling point? Hardwood floors SUCK!!!

Back