988     0 

St Lawrence Market

Sigh - saw this on Friday

NYxlkbp.jpg

How does that even happen ?

Maybe someone tried to do this?

[video=youtube_share;Mtsk0WgbPYY]http://youtu.be/Mtsk0WgbPYY[/video]

:p

What has happened to Esplanade between Market and Church? They are ripping up all sorts of concrete that was just poured as part of the streetscape redesign. Pumper trucks 24-7 pumping out liquid. Me thinks someone screwed up badly. Notice the nice new concrete bollard knocked down already and sitting in the new planter? When will that job be finished?

It seems they are finally working on paving Scott, Esplanade and Church, lot of sidewalk replacement.

It's unfortunate that our most historic district is only getting asphalt and concrete paving all over (except on Market Street as part of an initiative led by the private sector). Historic districts should have brick and stone paving, especially if it's actually part of their heritage like St. Lawrence. Front Street would look great paved with bricks like in 1908.

What has happened to Esplanade between Market and Church? They are ripping up all sorts of concrete that was just poured as part of the streetscape redesign. Pumper trucks 24-7 pumping out liquid. Me thinks someone screwed up badly. Notice the nice new concrete bollard knocked down already and sitting in the new planter? When will that job be finished?

It seems they are finally working on paving Scott, Esplanade and Church, lot of sidewalk replacement.

Two things (or more) are going on:

The Esplanade contractor is repairing deficiencies - among them an area of new sidewalk at Church that was not sloped properly - a large pool of water always gathered there after it rained.

The pumping at Market is a bit of a mystery as it involves Hydro One and the Ministry of the Environment and large pumper trucks. As Hydro One were not involved in the Esplanade project it is, I guess, a separate problem to do with one of their ducts and some sort of contamination but ...

Yes, great to see Scott and Church being repaved!

The Sobey's on Front street will be closing on June 28th, according to one of the ladies working cash. Apparently some sweet deals coming up in the next couple weeks, too, which probably amounts to them trying to be competitive with No Frills for the first time since it opened.

The Sobey's on Front street will be closing on June 28th, according to one of the ladies working cash. Apparently some sweet deals coming up in the next couple weeks, too, which probably amounts to them trying to be competitive with No Frills for the first time since it opened.

Wow, thats sad. Obviously not a surprise, but still sad. I like that Sobeys. Any idea when the Acura dealership is moving? I'm guessing we'll see some demolition shortly after.

Back