News   Aug 01, 2024
 218     0 
News   Aug 01, 2024
 399     0 
News   Aug 01, 2024
 457     0 

St Lawrence Market

When the pizza machine opened up and they installed a few tables, I thought it would be a lot better than before, when it was the personal parking spot for the owner of the furniture store that was there. Sadly, didn't work out. I lived right next to it and only got pizza once. It was not nearly as good as Bellisimos.

When the pizza machine opened up and they installed a few tables, I thought it would be a lot better than before, when it was the personal parking spot for the owner of the furniture store that was there. Sadly, didn't work out. I lived right next to it and only got pizza once. It was not nearly as good as Bellisimos.
I might have tried it but the reviews weren't raving, and we have so many other pizza options within about 10 minutes walking distance: Pi Co and Gusto 501 are my favourites, but there's also Bellisimos, Spaccio, Ardo, Cafe Oro, Uncle Tony's, Amano, District Pizza in the Distillery, that Italian place in the St. Lawrence Market. And the the chains are around too: Pizza Nova (actually pretty good), Pizza Pizza, Pizza Hut. Probably others I've missed. When Motorino Citta, Fusaro's and Mangi & Bevi were nearby the pizza options were even more insane. In retrospect, their closings might have been an omen that even though most people love pizza, they can only eat so much of the damn stuff.

I might have tried it but the reviews weren't raving, and we have so many other pizza options within about 10 minutes walking distance: Pi Co and Gusto 501 are my favourites, but there's also Bellisimos, Spaccio, Ardo, Cafe Oro, Uncle Tony's, Amano, District Pizza in the Distillery, that Italian place in the St. Lawrence Market. And the the chains are around too: Pizza Nova (actually pretty good), Pizza Pizza, Pizza Hut. Probably others I've missed. When Motorino Citta, Fusaro's and Mangi & Bevi were nearby the pizza options were even more insane. In retrospect, their closings might have been an omen that even though most people love pizza, they can only eat so much of the damn stuff.
Though it REALLY surprised me, I was introduced to Metro pizza last week and it is surprisingly good. They make it at the 'prepared food counter' and have three or four varieties - surprisingly good!

Back