News   May 03, 2024
 607     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 380     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 212     0 

St. James Park Re-Sodded By Volunteers

Not sure how the above is "contrary" to Coun. McConnell receiving encouragement to support OT. Can you please enlighten me as to how the dozen statements against OT you quoted demonstrate that Coun. McConnell did NOT receive more statements in support of OT?

It's the least the representatives of the 1% can do, to make amends.
Amends for what?

Besides, I hardly consider an owner of a sodding company to be part of the so called 1%. Anyone can start up their own sodding biz tomorrow - start small, build a client list, re-invest in additional equipment, hire some employees; and now somehow you're a nabob exploiting the mob?

Amends for what?

Besides, I hardly consider an owner of a sodding company to be part of the so called 1%. Anyone can start up their own sodding biz tomorrow - start small, build a client list, re-invest in additional equipment, hire some employees; and now somehow you're a nabob exploiting the mob?
Thank you.

As a small business owner, believe me, I'm not a 1%er. What is more likely to be true is that those who speak publicly like this, using whole "1% as an epithet", are very likely to be less than 1% themselves, falsely claiming to represent the 99% - 98% of which want no part of their message.

It's the least the representatives of the 1% can do, to make amends.

You really think people that own sodding companies are the 1% (the billionaires of this world)? As people above me have stated the Occupy Movement are the real 1% with no support whatsoever from those who they claim to 'represent'.

Well, if it's the 99% - the poor sods - who are actually re-sodding the park at their own expense, then it rather proves my point that the 1% of rich capitalists are getting away with doing nothing for the public good and their representatives are footing the bill on their behalf.

Well, if it's the 99% - the poor sods - who are actually re-sodding the park at their own expense, then it rather proves my point that the 1% of rich capitalists are getting away with doing nothing for the public good and their representatives are footing the bill on their behalf.
That's just silly. The 1% did not damage the park, so why should they pay to fix it? Those that willfully damaged the park should pay, and thus count their blessings that they were not prosecuted for damaging public property and forced to pay to repair the damage they caused.

The whole point of Occupy is to draw attention to the growing social inequities that now exist, which result from a growing income disparity where the 1% increasingly profit as a result of divisions between working people. The 1% can quite easily pay for re-sodding the park, and ought to, since their profits are partly the result of vastly greater crimes against global ecology.

The whole point of Occupy is to draw attention to the growing social inequities that now exist, which result from a growing income disparity where the 1% increasingly profit as a result of divisions between working people. The 1% can quite easily pay for re-sodding the park, and ought to, since their profits are partly the result of vastly greater crimes against global ecology.

So the 1% should pay for the re-sodding because the cost to them is as insignificant as losing Canadian Tire money? Why should the wealthy be responsible? They weren't squatting in the park. How is it remotely logical to make them foot the bill when they did no harm to the park, personally? Why doesn't David Suzuki pay for the re-sodding with his shady foundation funding? He's part of the 1%.

That's just silly. The 1% did not damage the park, so why should they pay to fix it? Those that willfully damaged the park should pay, and thus count their blessings that they were not prosecuted for damaging public property and forced to pay to repair the damage they caused.
But they have damaged the economy which is the whole point of the occupiers

But they have damaged the economy which is the whole point of the occupiers

Who exactly are 'they'? Certainly not the small independent businesses (sod companies) that provide jobs as they scrape by like the rest of us. St. James wasn't resoded by Haliburton or Exxon. I think some basic facts are standing in the way of your conspiracy theories.

Back