Square One Shopping Centre

Which retailers are they going to have to shuffle?

Taking the area between Empire and Old Navy (as small expansion and mostly taking over reconfigured space in the mall - exact moves haven't been finalized)

One of my first thought about the west end if the theater is not being use as part of the expansion is closing the parking lot.

By doing so, an extension can be built above that parking lot area and tie into the existing walkway and close retail space. Once the extension is done, the close parking area during the construction is reopen and will now be underground.

You could replace that parking area with a lower floor extension there like it was originally plan before they put parking there. Even the drive through was never part of the 2nd go around for this extension and became an after thought.

Scorecard changes May 7

Gone DQ and Mr Sub. Szechuan Express will take over those 2 store and open in Aug.

The retail store above them is gone, with White House Black Market coming in the fall.

Shoppers Drugs moves to their new location May 16 until 2014 when their new store is ready then. Current location destocking, with stock going back to the warehouse since the new location is haft the size.

Bulk Barn closes June 17 and reopens June 29 by Walmart.

EB Games moving beside the new Shoppers store.

Urban Behavior is having a reno sale with haft of the store to go.

Was only in and out and no time to look around

Where is the temporary new Shoppers Drug Mart going? I think they should have their store outside the mall in one of the pads.

Where is the temporary new Shoppers Drug Mart going? I think they should have their store outside the mall in one of the pads.

Why?? I'd rather have things connected so I don't have to schlep through the rotten parking lots in the rain/snow/etc. to get there.

In the centre mall area where it bend by Target.

The plan was to have Shoppers on a Pad last year, but Shoppers bulk at it or more the cost and less walk-in traffic.

Sorry, these pads needs to go, as they are a waste of space. To force someone shopping in the mall to go to them during bad weather without wheels is a pain in the ass.

So that when the mall is closed, there is a Shoppers Drug Mart in the area.

There is one 2 mins away on burnhanthorpe, I live in a condo west of Square one west of Sheridan near confederation and its faster walking to that shoppers vs say the wal mart in the mall.

Plus Shoppers has to compete with target/wal mart in the mall put them outside they will lose a big chunk of the walk in business. Especially for things like cosmetics which is a huge driver for them.

Also if anyone cares, Femme is moving next to Lactose and Roots has moved downstairs in front of the new escalators near BMO.

So that when the mall is closed, there is a Shoppers Drug Mart in the area.

I can see your point on that. Can work around that by having an exterior entrance that leads directly into the store.

Overall, I really REALLY hate the "islands in a sea of parking" style of shopping.

There is one 2 mins away on burnhanthorpe, I live in a condo west of Square one west of Sheridan near confederation and its faster walking to that shoppers vs say the wal mart in the mall.

Plus Shoppers has to compete with target/wal mart in the mall put them outside they will lose a big chunk of the walk in business. Especially for things like cosmetics which is a huge driver for them.
2 minutes away if you have a car. To walk to that store from Square One is a good 15 minutes.

Walmart is in Square one... why would it be 15 minutes?

What I meant was the far end of square ou have a car. To walk to that store from Square One is a good 1ne is further than where shoppers are for many of us condo people. I am in one park and its about a 15 min walk to wal mart, and a 15 min walk to shoppers on burnhanthorpe - was responding to this-2 minutes away if yo5 minutes.

Walmart is in Square one... why would it be 15 minutes?

Not if you are driving there.

You can also gab the 26 to get to the one to the west than walk to it.

All the condos are west of LAC and a long walk to Walmart or any of the Condos south of Burnhamthorpe. Walk it and time your walk to see how long it takes.

These stand alone pad fly in the face of what the city is trying to do for the core and continue to reinforce "CAR CITY", as you need a car to get to them.

Walmart and a number of stores have permits to operate 24hrs a day. If and when there is a so call downtown, you will see 7/24 stores like Shoppers there. I would say within the next 10 years, Walmart will be 7/24.

Back