Square One Shopping Centre

There is talks that the theater days are number. Never could understand why they put one in during the expansion considering there was a major one across the street from it. AMC was another one.

Putting the Holt store where the theater would be off the beaten track, but allows for drive up drop off for it, since there is one there now.

Odd opening on the 28 since there was talk it would this weekend.

I have lived walking distance for 3 years and change, never been the to theater. They never get the big movies, those always go across the street. I have friends in my building who watch bollywood movies there but apparently you can get tickets for $6 or $8 depending on day.

The one major issue there is about the movie theater location is parking, no lots touch it which might make it hard for a big anchor to come in. . There is a small underground one that comes up there plus one with maybe 100 spots outside near the home outfitters. Area was really designed poorly.

I know from the person working there, Forever 21 has been trying to get space for a while as they have no stores in Mississauga. I could see them going into that extension on the upper level, no where else really makes sense unless they wanted to go downstairs.

I'm not sure if the area was designed poorly, or if the problems that part of the mall suffers are due to the changes made mid-construction due to the recession. There was supposed to be 2 floors of retail, but they only did the one. I wonder if they'll ever finish that.

I'm not sure if the area was designed poorly, or if the problems that part of the mall suffers are due to the changes made mid-construction due to the recession. There was supposed to be 2 floors of retail, but they only did the one. I wonder if they'll ever finish that.
I don't expect to see a lower floor there at all.

It was a poor design considering what was supposed to go in there until the change of owners.

Watch It is moving next to HMV.

My understanding the current location of Watch It as well the vacant stores beside it will become the temporary location of Shoppers Drug until 2014, when they move into their new larger store.

A lot of store are either being relocated or moving out of the mall.

Broadway is leaving the mall, Walter close earlier this week and moving items out of the store and lesson rooms.

Town & Country Shoes are moving to the centre area on the upper level next to the plan new elevator. La Vie En Rose has close their store and not in the location as noted on the layout. Melanie Lyne has relocated elsewhere in the mall. Once the men Brogue store close on the north side, I have a feeling this walkway will be close so it can be rebuilt to line up with the north entrance. The current layout map show new retail coming to these store, but the ceiling of the walkway is saying something different.

Haft or all of Aldo accessorize will have to go as the new elevator will go in the east end of the store.

Real odd that Target would open on Thursday, when the Mall is close Friday and Sunday. I guess to test thing out before the real test next week.
You are going to need a map to see who is where or are in the mall with all this movement so the expansion can start.

Melanie Lyne

A lot of store are either being relocated or moving out of the mall.

Broadway is leaving the mall, Walter close earlier this week and moving items out of the store and lesson rooms.

Town & Country Shoes are moving to the centre area on the upper level next to the plan new elevator. La Vie En Rose has close their store and not in the location as noted on the layout. Melanie Lyne has relocated elsewhere in the mall. Once the men Brogue store close on the north side, I have a feeling this walkway will be close so it can be rebuilt to line up with the north entrance. The current layout map show new retail coming to these store, but the ceiling of the walkway is saying something different.

Haft or all of Aldo accessorize will have to go as the new elevator will go in the east end of the store.

Real odd that Target would open on Thursday, when the Mall is close Friday and Sunday. I guess to test thing out before the real test next week.
You are going to need a map to see who is where or are in the mall with all this movement so the expansion can start.

Melanie Lyne

I don't know why I know this but I do- La Vie en Rose is moving downstairs, close to where the escalators mid way through mall.

The one person I know at Oxford told me they are in process of courting 15-20 new retailers. Most you can probably guess, as well as some that skew a little higher end. Obviously all won't make it but they are trying hard to bring in new names. He asked me not to post online, but make a list I can find someway to acknowledge haha.
I have to stop by bank machine today, so might walk through mall see what the progress is of all the stores/renovation.

I don't know why I know this but I do- La Vie en Rose is moving downstairs, close to where the escalators mid way through mall.

The one person I know at Oxford told me they are in process of courting 15-20 new retailers. Most you can probably guess, as well as some that skew a little higher end. Obviously all won't make it but they are trying hard to bring in new names. He asked me not to post online, but make a list I can find someway to acknowledge haha.
I have to stop by bank machine today, so might walk through mall see what the progress is of all the stores/renovation.

Forever XXI
Abercrombie/Hollister
American Apparel
Pottery Barn
J. Crew
LEGO

The food court is supposed to open in Aug and the following players will be there.

Burger King, Big Smoke, Chipotle, Cultures, Shanghai 360, SU & SHI, Szechuan Express.

The few more store are gone and have no name for them. One is next to Rockey Mountain and think it was a children store.

Need a site plan before all this moving around just to figger who has moved out of the mall or where they relocated too, let along new ones opening up.

Design Creates is still there considering they were to leave at the end of March.

Watch It has moved to their new location and the existing one is horded as well every thing to the east of it. Yves Rocher is the only store there now as Ardene has move to their new location. When do they move?

Other info in the construction thread.

NOTE: Forgot to add Amaya to the food court list.

Last edited:
Just saw this tweet from Holt Renfrew: We'll continue to update you about our new #SquareOne flagship store, opening Spring 2016, as it develops. Stay tuned!

Back