Square One Shopping Centre

Walmart and a number of stores have permits to operate 24hrs a day. If and when there is a so call downtown, you will see 7/24 stores like Shoppers there. I would say within the next 10 years, Walmart will be 7/24.

The Shoppers at Burnhamthorpe and Cawthra is already open 24 hrs a day.

That is definitely not walking distance for people who live around Square One.

Wow, this has to be one of the longest and most inane discussions I've ever seen on a message board! Since neither of you have any relevant information to contribute to this thread, I will go ahead and post pictures taken today of the renovation progress.

CAM00031.jpg
CAM00032.jpg
CAM00033.jpg

Attachments

• CAM00031.jpg
    CAM00031.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 438
  • CAM00032.jpg
    CAM00032.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 398
  • CAM00033.jpg
    CAM00033.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 452
Second cup reopen yesterday after reno.

Shoppers is open in their new location and a 1/4 of the other store if that.

Open Doors and the retail store in front of it are horded up with Open Doors in the Senior Centre.

The Police Station is close.

The current entrance from the transit terminal close June 2 night.

I wonder if the other optical place by this entrance will be relocated, as it will be in the way of the new entrance.

The game is on as it been move out week or relocation.

Gone from the mall: International News, TV Store?, Create Design, Shoe repair (Relocated to 5 & 10), Aldo Accessories (Elevator work can now start to take place),

The eye place beside Target is relocating to the Wrap Store.

S&H relocating next to BMO.

The women repair store relocated to the other sewing place.

The new eating court area is open and you can see where the new food outlets are going to be now. Best remodeling of the food court to date.

If Holt Renfrew is moving into Old Navy Place is true, Home Outfitter will have to be relocated also.

I really feel like this is a wasted opportunity to do something more interesting here. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Bring in the bulldozers! That store was such an awkward design, with its staircases to the lower entrances and loading areas. It did have the first green roof I had ever seen, but not sure if it was accidental or by design...

I can't see Holt's moving to a location on the corridor between WalMart and Target, even if some of the new trendy shops open up near there.

Back