News   Sep 06, 2024
 598     2 
News   Sep 06, 2024
 1K     6 
News   Sep 06, 2024
 501     0 

Spurning downturn, Microsoft opens retail stores

There's probably a waiting list just to get a job interview at the Apple Store. I think people are going to avoid applying to work at the Microsoft store. Who would want the job of facing the problems and anger of Windows users all day long?

I imagine working in any 'gadget' type retail environment is fairly soul destroying. It's essentially convincing people to buy things they don't really need, through various forms of deception, misdirection, and manipulation.

But then, maybe I'm just cynical after overhearing 'expert' sales people preying on joe consumer.

There's probably a waiting list just to get a job interview at the Apple Store. I think people are going to avoid applying to work at the Microsoft store. Who would want the job of facing the problems and anger of Windows users all day long?

I think another problem might be that Microsoft might want to hire people who actually know what their talking about.

The "geniuses" at the Apple store are pretty clueless.

I think the Sony Store employees are even worse.

If Microsoft wants to be successful they'll have to find people who know what they're talking about.

As for Surfaces, it is indeed designed and manufactured by Microsoft...just as Apple designs and manufactures computers using components from other companies.

Last edited:
xbox is designed by Microsoft as well, using components from various hardware makers.

Back