Solaris Condos (Tridel) - Real Estate -

Hey Solaris,

You seem to have bought early, were you given a price list of all the units at that time? I'm curious to know what a 2AR went for. Any tips on which floors to avoid? Looking for reassignments...

Thanks in advance,

carllykos ... indeed I bought in the early days of Solaris ... there is $10K difference between the time when Solaris 1 was first released versus Solaris 2

Prices the 2A suite (from memory):
  • during Solaris 1's launch = $229,000 (@ 8th) + $500 per floor
  • during Solaris 2's launch = $239,000 (@ 8th) + $500 per floor + $2000 discount

good luck ~ maybe we'll be neighbours some day ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick response Solaris :) You must be the most active member on this forum, I see your posts all over the place hehe.

Couple questions, when I look at the website I see:
http://www.tridel.com/solaris/prices.php

I notice that the 1AR is $11500 cheaper than the 1A and has a cheaper estimated property tax...any particular reason why this may be? My only thoughts are that it's closer to the garbage chute....i'm trying to extrapolate the data to apply it to the difference between the 2AR and the 2A...

Also what do you tell people when they say "ewww Scarborough"? hehe i'm just wondering cause i'm fairly new to Toronto and I'm hoping this is in the "better" part of Scarborough...

carllykos ... welcome to UT, soon enough you'll discover there's quite a few of us thats quite active on this forum

traditionally in Toronto Scarborough and Etobicoke have been the bastard child and hence the typical reaction of "ewwwww" ... I agree that there are bad areas in Scarborough (as much as there are same problems in downtown or North York), you have to satisfy yourself that you will be comfortable with the area in which you are considering a future home ...

For example, I'm not a big of Scarborough Town Centre due to the high traffic at the mall and the many lower priced condos (which ends up being rented out), but I believe Agincourt (Solaris is considered a part of) is a different story which feels more like a neighbourhood with its local mall surrounding residential community ... but that's just my personal opinion

The 1A and the 1AR is the exact same unit, just 'reveresed', hence the 'R' ... both units are east facing and right next to the elevator ... I think the only reason that one is priced at $199,900 is because Tridel had a promotion a while back in early 2009 to push sales (when the RE market tanked), so I'm a little suprised that promotion pricing is still available

likewise, the 2A and 2AR are the exact same layout/suite size, just a mirror image of the other

welcome to UT jyormall ...

I don't think sam13 is around much anymore, and probably no longer has any interest in Solaris (may have sold his/her assignment by now since the last post dated November 2009)

Tridel offered "one free assignment" clause to all purchasers that bought during the intial broker/agent preview ~

assignment

Hi..yes Soalris is right..i got the assignment initially for free..but as a trade off had to increase my downpayment from 10 % to 20%

what one would typically expect in the Scarborough area ~

Now that the 2 Solaris towers have been occupied for a couple months, are there any thoughts / comments / complaints on the complex that current residents may care to share ??

Now that the 2 Solaris towers have been occupied for a couple months, are there any thoughts / comments / complaints on the complex that current residents may care to share ??

yes! the door to your suite is way to thin and not air tight, you end up hearing loud flipinos talking with their giant families in the middle of the night

I understand that the bathroom counter sinks are abnormally low (something like 28 inches whereas 32 inches is normal), did you or others find that to be problem?

I understand that the bathroom counter sinks are abnormally low (something like 28 inches whereas 32 inches is normal), did you or others find that to be problem?

Yah the sink and toilet are pretty low, but u get used to it eventually..
One of the things i like is that pool is lengthy enough for a meaningful swim, plus its 2.0 meter deep so you wont have kids filling up the pool lol

yes! the door to your suite is way to thin and not air tight, you end up hearing loud flipinos talking with their giant families in the middle of the night

Unfortunately, this is common with all new condos. Not the loud filipinos part...but just sound coming from the hallway.

Yah the sink and toilet are pretty low, but u get used to it eventually..
One of the things i like is that pool is lengthy enough for a meaningful swim, plus its 2.0 meter deep so you wont have kids filling up the pool lol

FYI ... clearly Tridel has changed what it delivered vs what was shown in the original sales office model suite, tell me how there is no difference in height :confused: between ...

Original vanity on the left VS the As-Built vanity on the right:
Click to Enlarge

To me, it would appear that the cabinet is clearly shorten in height and more 'chubby' notwithstanding Tridel's dismissal of this fact, although the builder will not admit to changing the specifications without notice, and they note that it was NOT specificially described in the Agreement thus they will not do anything about it ~

In addition, note the originally planned full size rectangular shaped hot tub (seen in left background of rendering):
fifthfloor_640.jpg
pool_440.jpg

VS the As-Built hot tub (for 4 persons, ridiculously small for a complex of 900+ units!):
Click to Enlarge

The pool itself actually shrunk quite a bit in width too ... comparing the above rendering VS the As-Built bowling alley style pool:
Click to Enlarge

Some images are sourced from:
https://picasaweb.google.com/111837911639920220260/MetrogateCommunity
http://www.tridel.com/solaris/

END of my rant ~ :(

Wow, that pool is very small considering the number of units. The one at my condo is larger and is meant for 550 suites and I'm concerned that it's too small.

Back