News   Jun 24, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jun 24, 2024
 909     0 
News   Jun 24, 2024
 571     0 

SmartTrack (Proposed)

??? Dundas and Queen don't intersect. Do you mean Dufferin & Queen?

Phase One of the DRL ought to go to Parkdale to really alleviate the west end.

To Dufferin & Queen would leave open the option of either veering north up the rail corridor to Dundas West Stn and beyond or continue straight across Queen/sway through Swansea to Park Lawn & Lakeshore.

Oops, yeah I did.

There really isn't enough space there for a large Union like station with many platforms. Plus its too far from Downtown.

So the large area of the Bathurst North Yard is a good location for another "Union".

However the DRL would have to go quite far south from Queen when it goes west, im not sure if this is beneficial to the DRL overall.

There really isn't enough space there for a large Union like station with many platforms. Plus its too far from Downtown.

So the large area of the Bathurst North Yard is a good location for another "Union".

However the DRL would have to go quite far south from Queen when it goes west, im not sure if this is beneficial to the DRL overall.

I'd rather have a new RER station at Dufferin, even though it's far from downtown, than sacrifice relief line. The relief line will serve far more people that RER, so RER should make the sacrifice.

It's about time.

Screen shot 2016-03-31 at 4.56.56 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-03-31 at 4.56.56 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-03-31 at 4.56.56 PM.png
    213.7 KB · Views: 707
Even Tory voted for it....interesting. And obviously, Ford's closest subway allies have abstained

Were Mammo and Moeser there? Moeser was diagnosed with cancer and I saw Mammo's name abstained on some other vote yesterday.

How about Yonge and Dundas... Just blow up that cinema and presto we have a new union station.

A pair of tunnels and a large station or 2 under Lake Shore seems practical for around $2 Billion. Dive underground around Garrison Common (Bathurst) and rejoin the union corridor closer to Jarvis. up closer to Jarvis. This diverts Lake Shore service out of Union Station and give additional space for other things.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-04-01 at 6.07.18 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-04-01 at 6.07.18 PM.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 306
well why would Tory vote no?

To begin with, I think the only reason why Tory proposed heavy rail along the Eglinton corridor west of Mount Dennis reaching the airport, was an attempt to siphon votes from Ford nation, after all, that area in Etobicoke is Ford's home turf. This would have given Tory an opportunity to say "see your man promised to deliver a subway and he didn't do it. I delivered it"

Personally, I would prefer the Crosstown being extended West.

On a side note, I am puzzled how why it would significantly more expensive to run heavy rail in that corridor then LRT. Both options are proposed to run on the surface at grade level.

On a side note, I am puzzled how why it would significantly more expensive to run heavy rail in that corridor then LRT. Both options are proposed to run on the surface at grade level.
Two reasons. The complex curve to get from the existing Metrolinx rail line to Eglinton.

But mostly because the heavy rail wouldn't be at grade level. It would be grade-separated. Essentially a subway under Eglinton, after the city sold off the old adjacent highway alignment under Rob Ford.

Back