Sheridan College (MCC, 4s, Rounthwaite Dick & Hadley Architects) COMPLETE

Jan 14 visit
[video=youtube;yHlIDQ0ny68]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHlIDQ0ny68[/video]

From today...
20110121008.jpg

Just got back from the Mayor's 90th Birthday Gala to raise fund for Sheridan College.

In a splashy presentation to the 1000 guests, screaming college students with glow sticks on stage, the Glee club singing Ain't No Mountain High Enough, bursts of confetti everywhere, giant banners and a slick video presentation revealed that the new Downtown Mississauga Campus will be named: Hazel McCallion Campus!

The Mayor in her speech revealed that she already working on Phase 2, and she already put the Premier and Federal Finance Minister who were both present on notice that she expects the funding to be approved soon!

If I also heard correctly, the Arts and Theatre program will relocate into the future phases to take advantage of the synergy with the Living Arts Centre across the street.

A new Convention Centre Complex and Major Stadium are next on Hazel's list.

Louroz

Aren't there enough things named after Hazel McCallion yet? What happen when she dies? Are we going to rename Mississauga Hazeltown?

So Hazel didn't get the hotel/convention centre she wanted for her son, but she still was able to get the school that replaced the hotel/convention centre on the same site to be named after her. Bravo.

Future Mayor: Good news, and very appropriate. I would not be the least bit surprised to see a major convention centre announced prior to her stepping down. Happy 90th, Hazel!

Aren't there enough things named after Hazel McCallion yet? What happen when she dies? Are we going to rename Mississauga Hazeltown?

Could do worse!:D Seriously, items named after Hazel, so far, are one pretty small meeting room at Mississauga Valley Community Centre (by the city), an elementary school (by the school board), and the library building at U of T Mississauga. I think that's it. We are not yet overloaded with Hazel-named projects.

Back