News   Jul 11, 2024
 5.2K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 835     5 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 798     1 

Scarborough Photographs: Then and Now

Someone should mention the name of the movie - was it "Crash"?
I'm not very familiar with Cronenberg's work.

Yes, Crash, David's name is a link to the IMDB site for the movie. Warning! It can be explicit and disturbing the first time you see it and if your not used to his work it can leave you rather "empty" if that's the right term.

Someone should mention the name of the movie - was it "Crash"?
I'm not very familiar with Cronenberg's work.

Yeah! Somebody should have! I'm glad that you did. :lol:

I remember seeing Existenz and not thinking anywhere near as much of it as I did Crash.

As I've said before, you can always tell an ex-BA station by the quarter-curved parapet detail.

One extant case in point I spotted tonight: on the west side of Weston Rd, S of Rogers Rd (now a garage)

Thank you for posting this material. It was a great help to my work on recording the electric railways of Canada's past. www.cermc.webs.com is the Canadian Electric Railway Map Collection and I am its author, Paul. If you have any other photos or information regarding this or any other electric railway please contact me. I am still searching for the power house or substation that powered this system and the car barn track layout, as well as the original 11 stops from Queen and Coxwell to Victoria Park. Again, thank you for posting this.
For those who'd like to look back to the time of the 'Radial' car along Kingston Rd. from Victoria Park to West Hill:

radialcar.jpg

Radial_Plaque.jpg

Kingstonstops.jpg

Wonderful thread, great to see pictures from "Scarberia's" past and present, it brings back good memories of growing up there. Pharmacy and Ellesmere was my neighbourhood, nice to see Parkway Mall (previously Parkway Plaza) is still going and the old Miracle Mart hasn't changed much. I occasionally tried climbing the outdoor arch as a kid but they put up a barrier.

1953 aerial - note the house that's still there at the corner of VP & Paget
YorkMillsVicPark1953resized.jpg

1970 aerial
YorkMillsVicPark1970resized.jpg

Very interesting to see these photos of the area before and after my old house was built (1970 photo taken right at the same year my parents bought the house), which would be just off to the right out of the picture. Went to Terraview Hights P.S. at the far right of the picture, right beside the 401. Grand parents lived in the apts. in the centre of the picture at Vic Park and Pachino. Would be fantastic if there was a series which might include the rest of the community.
Thanks so much for posting these Anna.

Caddy's-Danforth and Eglinton

Caddy's by TORONTO TONTO, on Flickr
Old Knob Hill Hotel -Danforth and Eglinton

Knobby by TORONTO TONTO, on Flickr
Noth side Eglinton east of Midland

1 by TORONTO TONTO, on Flickr

2 by TORONTO TONTO, on Flickr

3 by TORONTO TONTO, on Flickr

4 by TORONTO TONTO, on Flickr
North side of Eglinton at Bimbrock

5 by TORONTO TONTO, on Flickr
North side of Eglinton at Bimbrock

6 by TORONTO TONTO, on Flickr

7 by TORONTO TONTO, on Flickr

8 by TORONTO TONTO, on Flickr
Eglinton looking west to Kennedy

9 by TORONTO TONTO, on Flickr
Eglinton looking west to Kennedy

10 by TORONTO TONTO, on Flickr

Last edited:
Unfortunately, you neglected to give any street names or dates.
It is Eglinton Ave. E. isn't it?

Back