News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 946     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 359     0 

Scarborough-Malvern LRT

Damn that would one long line...Seems the useless plan Smart Track is breathing new life into transit lines which were on life support.

CZL7v5XUAAEynFF.jpg:large

Looks like the Scarborough-Malvern LRT is being folded into Line 5 Crosstown LRT, and running only as far as UTSC. I really like this plan compared to just a 3 stop subway.

Source Tess Kalinowski : https://twitter.com/TessKalinowski/status/689890493409300484/photo/1

Sheppard East
Rapid transit (to be determined)

Maybe it is TBD because the Subway and Line 5 extension do not reach Sheppard. I'd expect either 1) cancellation of the Sheppard East LRT, or 2) a major redesign of the Sheppard LRT to connect to Line 2 and Line 5.

There's a real possibility that Sheppard Subway will be back on the table to connect Don Mills to STC
If we can't afford any stations on a 6-km line for $2.5 billion, then the 9-km extension from Don Mills to STC would cost almost $4 billion with no stations other than STC.

Tory's decisions in the last couple of days, have been to go the other direction.

If we can't afford any stations on a 6-km line for $2.5 billion, then the 9-km extension from Don Mills to STC would cost almost $4 billion with no stations other than STC.

Tory's decisions in the last couple of days, have been to go the other direction.

Yup. It might be a SELRT with fewer stations.

It's not about money. This is politics

Hmmm, I'd think they'd still want an east-end carhouse so up to Conlin's would be expected.

While there is much to like about this plan, let's not forget:

"The plan drafted by city staff"

Since when was advice from city staff always listened to by city council? Did we forget all the foolishness and dumb decisions made by council in recent years?

Precisely because this plan was drafted by city staff makes me extremely skeptical it will be accepted by council.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

While there is much to like about this plan, let's not forget:

"The plan drafted by city staff"

Since when was advice from city staff always listened to by city council? Did we forget all the foolishness and dumb decisions made by council in recent years?

Precisely because this plan was drafted by city staff makes me extremely skeptical it will be accepted by council.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

BINGO. All of this is really up to the province...they have the last say.

Back