899     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 3.9K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.2K     4 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
That garbage collect "user fees" used to be included in everyone's property taxes. So Rob's family business, those office towers downtown, and you paid for your garbage collection divided among everyone's property taxes. Now, only you have to pay for the garbage "user fee". The office towers and Rob's family business have their own garbage collection.

Riverdale, check the actual values of the net increases for bins. By my read of the chart, they are: $3.91 (small), $32.64 (medium), $91. (large) and $126.39. Can you imagine the outrage at council if someone tried to attach those increases to property tax bills?
I know this is off topic but it really bugs me that the garbage is billed along with my water bill. When garbage was first added to the bill the smallest bin was no charge, now they're charging extra for it. I think these increases could backfire on them. I have a large bin that is usually 1/2 empty, so I'll go down a size, save some money, but the cost for the City to pick/up and dump won't change, so the City is actually going to lose money. I suspect a lot of people will do the same.

What usually happens is that the illegal dumping increase.

IMG_38941.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_38941.jpg
    IMG_38941.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 793
I'm not a big fan of the Oscars, but was riffling through the winners' list this morning. Memories came flooding back of this time last year, when RoFo went walkabout in the streets of LA, invented the Fordese term 'meryl candidate', ran into Daniel Dale in a men's outfitters, did or did not rent a cabana by someone's pool, and dressed up as a magician to do that cringe-inducing spot on Jimmy Kimmel.

How I miss the old days.

Man, those Ford Nation morons are loyal. Pretty big advantage for the Fords that whatever happens they'll always have that 35%.

New Forum poll: Tory is preferred for mayor by 54 per cent versus 34 per cent for Ford

I was listening to John Oakley the other day and something occurred to me. There's a Ford Nation supporter who's always called in for years to defend him--Enzo from Etobicoke. I wouldn't be surprised if it's Enzo Basso, the one who works for Deco!

"Man, those Ford Nation morons are loyal. Pretty big advantage for the Fords that whatever happens they'll always have that 35%.

New Forum poll: Tory is preferred for mayor by 54 per cent versus 34 per cent for Ford"

So true - every strategist needs to assume that they're playing for 65% of the electorate, until Rob is no longer able to run. That makes things hard - one extra person to split the vote, and the Fords have a serious chance of winning.

Unless, the majority of the 35% are somehow discouraged from voting. That's a terribly cynical way of looking at things, since I believe the majority of the 35% aren't the Neil Flagg crazies, but the poorest, most downtrodden people who see Rob as a combination saviour / F-you candidate. Those are the people that we WANT to bring in to the process, but at the cost of bringing the Fords to power again?

Last edited:
Man, those Ford Nation morons are loyal. Pretty big advantage for the Fords that whatever happens they'll always have that 35%.

New Forum poll: Tory is preferred for mayor by 54 per cent versus 34 per cent for Ford

That's the scary/encouraging point... Robbie's numbers just remain the same. As long as they do we will have to deal with the panic that is "Folkism" not unlike other movements akin to the 1930's; however, as long as there is are credible mayoral candidates we can keep these "Folks" at bay.

Adrian Morrow ‏@AdrianMorrow 21m21 minutes ago
The Tories are distancing themselves from McNaughton's stance on sex ed. Not a single question in question period #onpoli

Rob's candidate proving that he isn't fit to be a dog catcher...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back