716     1 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 647     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 548     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not wanting to derail the Ford topic into an e-cig one...but if I understand correctly, nobody's saying you can't smoke your e-cigs. They're just saying you have to go outside where smoking is legal. You can't smoke them beside me when I'm eating dinner, or at school, or at my desk at work, or in a bar, etc etc etc. Right? In which case, I'm glad you enjoy your e-cigs, but why should non-smokers have to be around someone using cigs OR e-cigs in a smoke-free place? You can happily smoke them outside, a certain distance from the doors like every other smoker.

That is the issue on the table, but the ones coming down the line are much worse.

ETA: I use them around non-smokers all the time, in their cars, their houses (I always ask first). They all say they can't smell anything and it doesn't bother them at all. It is not smoke, it is water vapor. Tests have been done on "second-hand smoke" and there is zero to miniscule amounts - breathing in car exhaust is much worse. Now that I don't smoke cigs anymore, I have to stand with smokers and breathe in second-hand smoke. However, yes, we really shouldn't get into a discussion about it here.

Last edited:
" It used to be you could yell or scream at them, [now] they just look at you"

Bellisimo and Lisi could take lessons from these raccoons

His wife won’t go outside to take out the trash.

Why would she, she's too busy smoking weed on the couch in the basement, while MINO's too busy getting cracked out with Lisi and Bellisimo.

“It’s like we have to make deals, who is going to go out and put out the garbage at night, because they’ll just sit there.â€

What a stunning example of chivalry! How any woman could live with this oaf is beyond measure.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...ns-outside-of-home/?google_editors_picks=true

Why would she, she's too busy smoking weed on the couch in the basement, while MINO's too busy getting cracked out with Lisi and Bellisimo.

“It’s like we have to make deals, who is going to go out and put out the garbage at night, because they’ll just sit there.”

What a stunning example of chivalry! How any woman could live with this oaf is beyond measure.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...ns-outside-of-home/?google_editors_picks=true

Oh give me a break, I shoo them away no problem. They're not as scared, but they're not going to attack you unless seriously provoked. Oh dear what do thousands of single women do with their garbage? It's a crisis!!!

“It’s like we have to make deals, who is going to go out and put out the garbage at night, because they’ll just sit there.”

The mayor's raccoons are particularly mean from hunger. All they get from his trash are empty McDonalds bags and vodka bottles.

Off topic (weighing in on the e-cigs): Ford is one vote. He's hog-tied at CH. He certainly can't make a difference on the provincial level. What he has to say on this, or any other subject, is irrelevant.

More and more we are asking the questions that matter here and not hearing them from the ones who are getting paid to do it.

I wonder if we should go to scrums and just yell out those questions.

Why do you think the scrums are taking place in his campaign office?
It's private property. Invite only. You won't get in the door.

Why are they not calling him on the fact that these "scrums" are just campaign ads?

Why do you think the scrums are taking place in his campaign office?
It's private property. Invite only. You won't get in the door.

Why are they not calling him on the fact that these "scrums" are just campaign ads?
The scrums in his campaign office are not scrums but press conferences. He's not allowed to hold press conferences that are campaign-related at City Hall, hence the use of his campaign office. But, he IS allowed to hold scrums, which are usually held just outside his office, an area that the public are allowed in.

This is hilarious. Apart from anything else, it really exposes the lie behind the belligerent tough guy act that Mayor Circus Clown so often wears like a cheap suit. Oooh, poor widdle Ford, terrified of the big, bad racoons. I see them all the time in my neighborhood, and they leave you alone if you leave them alone, just as Oriana says.

Oh give me a break, I shoo them away no problem. They're not as scared, but they're not going to attack you unless seriously provoked. Oh dear what do thousands of single women do with their garbage? It's a crisis!!!

35 years ago my Grandparents lived on Burbank Dr in Willowdale backing onto the ravine, raccoons were a problem then. This isn't some modern phenomena. I remember visiting and my grandfather chuckling about how he went to the basement and there was a raccoon drinking out of the downstairs toilet. They had access via the chimney because there was no mesh on it. He set a trap, caught it, and relocated it himself and put a screen on the chimney. Days later he found 4 little raccoons scurrying about in the basement games room, he relocated them and the problem was over.

Some people today expect the city to handle every little problem, Rob being one of them.

Pretty much this. IMO almost all of Rofo's scrums starting from the 'Triumphant Return From Robhab' period are all basically campaign ads. What I can't figure out is why most of the press still acts like they're scared they will be taken off the invite list of MINO's sweet 16 party. The Ford circus needs the media just as much the media needs the Ford circus.

Sometimes they don't shoo that easily. I lived in an apartment in a house in North Toronto for a number of years with no place to store my garbage can but outside. Pre Green bin days, I could just jam the lidded can under some fixed objects to secure it, but that didn't usually deter them. The coonies were plentiful too, sometimes travelling in gangs of four or five. I'd see their shadows on my bedroom wall skittering along the top of the fence and hear them fighting (or whatever) at all hours of the night. Then I'd hear the can go over and the rummaging. As the can was right outside my door and I had only a peephole to see out, trying to shoo them didn't always seem like a bright idea. Then there was the one "seen it all" critter who just would not shoo. His fur was mangy and he looked sick as he stared at me from inside my tipped can. I kicked and whacked it (the can) with a stick but he wouldn't budge. Animal control was no help. Eventually he left and I brought my garbage can inside <bleh> (not the first or last time):(

That said, why are the Ford's bins outside? They have a garage. What the heck's in the garage?

Since Ford believes he has solved all of Toronto's major problems (transit, unemployment, political gridlock) in his first four years, it's only natural that he set his sights on the most pressing concern of this city today--racoons. It's the second day folks, of campaigning against these devious threats to human safety at night.

The house behind mine is vacant and has been infested with raccoons for years. They're always in my back yard, rummaging for bird seed or food waste from the bins or whatever. The second I open the door or make any noise at all, they scatter. I imagine my experience is not uncommon.

That said, why are the Ford's bins outside? They have a garage. What the heck's in the garage?

I don't have a garage, so I leave my bins outside. In the heat of summer, they stink, and that's with all the fresh air around them. I imagine that they could smell pretty bad if you have food waste in them and leave them in a confined space.

Not really a fan of this. Lots of families have exaggerated tales of family history (apparently, I had a great-grand uncle who killed a bull with one punch to the head... or something like that :p). This just looks like petty piling on of Ford haters against his entire family, rather than focusing on what is wrong with him as a mayor and Doug as councillor.

The harm in it is that the naming of a park has been wasted on Doug Ford Sr based on a 2/3rds phony rationale. The grounds given, aside from vague blather about unspecified community service in Etobicoke (apparently, somehow extending back to before he even lived in Etobicoke), were (1) he was a MPP (true - altho' an unimportant, one-term backbencher), (2) he received a major award from Rotary (false - he got an acknowledgement for a donation, the same as has been handed out to hundreds of thousands of Rotary members) and (3) he swam with Marilyn Bell (false).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back