542     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 2K     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 667     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it is in poor form in my opinion, but sometimes there's exceptions. I oppose unconditionally the concept of capital punishment or even life without parole (the dangerous offender designation in Canada is a better system; US style sentencing serves no one but opportunistic politicans) but there are days where I think it would be grand to move Bernardo, Pickton or Williams out of protective custody and into gen pop.

Just in case they take innocent by-standers with them...

I'm not talking about capital punishment (or capital punishment by other means). Also, it would be a bit absurd to wish for (1) RoFo/DoFo to die AND (2) for them to cause the deaths of innocent bystanders in so doing.

But, assuming their deaths wouldn't injure others, I don't understand why it is considered bad form to hope that they cease to be alive. Their existence is detrimental to human society (ours in particular). I think I'm being rather charitable in this; after all, it can't be easy being them. If I were them I would also wish for my own death.

I now know for sure he's in an in-patient rehab facility (can't reveal location). The Timmies spotting is strange though. Maybe he temporarily bailed for some reason and then returned.

Thanks, Jimmi. You're probably the only person who could say that and I believe.

I'm not talking about capital punishment (or capital punishment by other means). Also, it would be a bit absurd to wish for (1) RoFo/DoFo to die AND (2) for them to cause the deaths of innocent bystanders in so doing.

But, assuming their deaths wouldn't injure others, I don't understand why it is considered bad form to hope that they cease to be alive. Their existence is detrimental to human society (ours in particular).

That was my point... the world doesn't need MORE despicable people, we need less.

Take the poll!
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/05/08/we_need_proof_ford_is_in_rehab_dimanno.html

We need proof Rob Ford is in rehab: DiManno
The city has been lied to too many times to accept Doug Ford's assurances.

Under normal circumstances, as a health issue, this would be a private matter. But nothing about Ford is ever normal, certainly not private, primarily because our mayor plays his life — his compulsions — out large, conspicuously and in the record-button frame. Hard to believe, though, that even so reckless a delinquent would pop into a Tim Hortons in the Junction for a cup of joe when his shills are pumping the story about substance abuse retreat. Frankly, the word of a 16-year-old girl — who claims she saw Ford out and about Tuesday, detailed description provided — is more inherently credible than the bilge typically spewed by our mayor’s shrinking cadre of fairy god-spinners.

The poll is questioning whether people believe RoFo is in rehab. It's currently running at 71.41% for No. haha.

I now know for sure he's in an in-patient rehab facility (can't reveal location). The Timmies spotting is strange though. Maybe he temporarily bailed for some reason and then returned.

Yeah, but a REAL one? The Worm seemed to soften on the point that it wasn't what would be perceived as a conventional facility...

I don't know where the gastric surgery thing is coming from but it sounds like complete tinfoil bullshit to me.

asset.php.jpg

Attachments

• asset.php.jpg
    asset.php.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 768

New guess: the Tim's thing is for real and that was the morning he actually went in. Also wondering if this is a real-deal rehab or the "how can we make your stay more pleasant" type.

Or maybe he just hadn't checked in yet at the time. It's possible being turned away at the border threw them for a loop and he was hiding out in someone's basement until they could arrange for a new place for him to go. Changing out of the suit and into the sweats could have been him "getting comfortable" for his impending stay at rehab.

I don't suppose you'd be able to confirm if its anywhere near the GTA as per Doug's assertion?

New guess: the Tim's thing is for real and that was the morning he actually went in. Also wondering if this is a real-deal rehab or the "how can we make your stay more pleasant" type.

Could be. But Doug lied about it for what reason exactly?

Yeah, but a REAL one? The Worm seemed to soften on the point that it wasn't what would be perceived as a conventional facility...

That's my question, too. The place in Muskoka that was mentioned yesterday didn't look very good. In any event, good to know he's out of town.

For the Tim Hortons thing to really be him on a temporary scarper, would the facility not have to be in or at the least very close to the GTA? In other words, without revealing the name and location, by your question aren't you saying that the facility is somewhere in, or at least very near to, the GTA?

I had to look up the definition of "rehab" in the Urban Dictionary:

"An expensive but life-saving haven where rock-bottom addicts can finally sleep in a bed and eat something other than corn chips. Five percent of these regain their freedom, health, families, homes, jobs, and drivers licence by learning to change. The remaining ninety-five percent of these are just resting-up before their next binge.

Dude, I just got released from jail, evicted from my apartment, fired from my job, had another seizure, and my wife left me. Guess I'll get loaded and go back to rehab."

Or maybe he just hadn't checked in yet at the time. It's possible being turned away at the border threw them for a loop and he was hiding out in someone's basement until they could arrange for a new place for him to go. Changing out of the suit and into the sweats could have been him "getting comfortable" for his impending stay at rehab.

A very workable hypothesis.

I know that when one goes for one of those intensive 'executive' medicals you are told to show up in the kind of clothes you would wear to the gym, which would fit with a facility that would put new entrants through an exam in order to assess what might be wrong with them in addition to alcoholism or drug addiction. (And, I hasten to add, that could just as easily include a bogus spa-rehab, 'you are special to us if you have special amounts of money' facility.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back