172     0 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 473     1 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 1.2K     7 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've written about several campaign breaches this year. Each one was dealt with very quickly.

With what meaningful consequences to whom? (I don't disparage Ms. Leiper, whom I admire. It's just that nothing of significance seems to follow her reports [with the notable exception of the COI case].)

Yeah, and the calculating side of me wonders whether it will be milked for sympathy votes.

AoD

Bet on it. Those two maggots will milk JF's passing for whatever they can, expect them front and centre of every camera around for the next week.

Bet on it. Those two maggots will milk JF's passing for whatever they can, expect them front and centre of every camera around for the next week.

I can't see it being milked - but if RoFo has a serious bender spectacle - it most definitely will be the contributing factor.

Imagine if RoFo got tripped up doing something illicit and illegal while on such a bender - that was triggered by JF's passing - would be sad really.

Wonder if Flaherty was instructed to leave his post because of an existing heart condition...not a fan of the CPC but 64 is far too young.

Awful. The idiot running Ford's twitter account misspelled Christine Elliott's name.

Mayor Rob Ford ‏@TOMayorFord 1m
Devastated to hear news of my friend Jim Flaherty passing. My prayers go out to Christine Elliot & family. The Ford family is heart broken

Might be Ford himself. Also forgot the period.

Early reports are Jim Flaherty died of a heart attack/cardiac arrest. Obviously the job of Finance Minister would be a great stressor in and of itself, but I can't help wondering what role the Ford scandal had on Mr Flaherty's heart-health. The Ford situation was clearly something that affected him enough to publicly cry, and to publicly tell Jason Kenney to f himself. For a seasoned politician, those outbursts were both very odd, and showed how he internalized public outrage over Ford's behaviour.

If Ford's unending train-wreck played a role in Flaherty's early passing, i expect absolutely no retrospection, remorse, or contrition from anyone in the Ford family for their role. It's not in their DNA.

God. Jesus. And Mother Mary.

Are you actually linking these two? Do you know the medication Flaherty was on for his skin issue? Do you know what kind of side effects go along with it? I suggest you read up on it and then slag Flaherty for crying in public again.

Anyways, keep on with the horrible insights as to why this man passed away in his Prime, at age 64.

Early reports are Jim Flaherty died of a heart attack/cardiac arrest. Obviously the job of Finance Minister would be a great stressor in and of itself, but I can't help wondering what role the Ford scandal had on Mr Flaherty's heart-health. The Ford situation was clearly something that affected him enough to publicly cry, and to publicly tell Jason Kenney to f himself. For a seasoned politician, those outbursts were both very odd, and showed how he internalized public outrage over Ford's behaviour.

I wouldn't read too much into Flaherty's outbursts. IIRC, he was being treated with steroids for his skin condition. That stuff can screw around with your emotional reactions to things. Meantime, condolences to Jim's friends and family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back