166     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 279     0 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 524     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of "bubbleheads", can someone point me to the reference on the e-laws site (Municipal Elections Act or City of Toronto Act) that prohibits campaigning in City Hall? Several contributors have mentioned RoFoDoFo violating this prohibition, but I can't find where the practice is outlawed.

thx.

Thanks TOBorn!

So I wonder if this section (emphasis mine)
VI. USE OF CITY PROPERTY, SERVICES AND OTHER RESOURCES
No member of Council should use, or permit the use of City land, facilities, equipment, supplies, services, staff or other resources (for example, City-owned materials, websites, Council transportation delivery services and member of Council expense budgets) for activities other than the business of the Corporation. Nor should any member obtain personal financial gain from the use or sale of City‑developed intellectual property (for example, inventions, creative writings and drawings), computer programs, technical innovations, or other items capable of being patented, since all such property remains exclusively that of the City.

would pertain to His Worship's visit to CH on Saturday night. I read that to say that unless he was doing city business, he shouldn't have been there. It may be his office, but it's a city facility.

Rob may think he can do whatever he wants in his office, but i read that to say otherwise.

Thanks TOBorn!

Rob may think he can do whatever he wants in his office, but i read that to say otherwise.

Agreed - but unless someone is willing to enforce the rules or actually apply some kind of penalty it's somewhat irrelevant. Which seems to always be the case with Rob Ford - his actions don't seem to have consequences ever.

Agreed - but unless someone is willing to enforce the rules or actually apply some kind of penalty it's somewhat irrelevant. Which seems to always be the case with Rob Ford - his actions don't seem to have consequences ever.
Compare this to Patrick Brazeau who has been both arrested and charged. Both are idiots but one seems to get away with his very public idiocy for some unknown reason.

Compare this to Patrick Brazeau who has been both arrested and charged. Both are idiots but one seems to get away with his very public idiocy for some unknown reason.

I'd like to hope it's a good one, there are some on twitter suggesting the only difference is ethnicity. That is not a good one.

Well, let's not forget one is a public enemy that the sitting government couldn't stop ranting about (forgetting for a moment that said government appointed him in the Senate in the first place); the other is a BBQ buddy with a gag order against the public discussion thereof - and one that the most law-and-order government felt compelled to drop 500M in support of despite a known history of drug use.

And speaking of which, Jim F. has died.

AoD

Last edited:
not directly to do with Ford besides family friendship, but reports are coming in the Jim Flaherty has passed away.

I saw Olivia Chow talking on CP24 about Jim - it didn't sound good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back