News   Jun 11, 2024
 539     0 
News   Jun 11, 2024
 953     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Ford Nation Facebook page (not sure if contest is legit or not):

EXCLUSIVE FORD NATION CONTEST: All those attending the first Rob Ford Fund-raiser on May 8th will be entered into a draw to win a date with the Mayor's beautiful niece Krista Ford !!!

HELP ROB FORD STOP THE GRAVY TRAIN FROM RETURNING TO CITY HALL!
May 8th, 2014 - 7:00pm
Riveria Parque Banquet and Convention Centre
2800, Highway 7, Concord, ON

Tickets: $300 (You will receive a $225 rebate from the city of Toronto, actual cost $75).
https://www.facebook.com/thefordnation

As a straight woman, I guess they don't want my money :)

MM tweeted that one possibility could be that the TPS is looking into extortion with a gum, which apparently is a life-long prison sentence. When reading this, I remembered this strange line in one of Kevin Donovan's article mentioning guns. I wonder if there's a link....

Extortion with a gum! Could turn into a very sticky situation.

MM tweeted that one possibility could be that the TPS is looking into extortion with a gum, which apparently is a life-long prison sentence. When reading this, I remembered this strange line in one of Kevin Donovan's article mentioning guns. I wonder if there's a link....

Guess Lisi threatened to nibble someone to death.

From the Ford Nation Facebook page (not sure if contest is legit or not):

EXCLUSIVE FORD NATION CONTEST: All those attending the first Rob Ford Fund-raiser on May 8th will be entered into a draw to win a date with the Mayor's beautiful niece Krista Ford !!!

HELP ROB FORD STOP THE GRAVY TRAIN FROM RETURNING TO CITY HALL!
May 8th, 2014 - 7:00pm
Riveria Parque Banquet and Convention Centre
2800, Highway 7, Concord, ON

Tickets: $300 (You will receive a $225 rebate from the city of Toronto, actual cost $75).
https://www.facebook.com/thefordnation

Ugh... Well I guess in the day and age of "selfies" planning a "have your picture taken with" is no longer a fund raising strategy the way it is for Original 6'ers.

http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/c...nnel=72c5715242ccd310VgnVCM1000006cd60f89RCRD

This rebate program kinda rubs me the wrong way. Why in the world would the City rebate contributions up to a maximum of $1000? Funding civic engagement or something? I really don't think we should be paying for campaigns, whether it's Ford's or someone we like.

If there was ever a gravy train...

I agree. I'm surprised the media isn't making more of this. Ford's fundraiser is pretty egregious — collecting money in Vaughn that will be refunded by TO taxpayers. Some respect, eh? But other candidates are probably quietly benefiting from these rules, too. Yuck all round. If the city is going to maintain these generous rebates, the law should be ammended to ensure rebates only go to those eligible to vote in the election. Also, a question: Anybody know if this rebate program under municipal or provincial jurisdiction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back