429     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 589     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 904     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw the (CTV?) helicopter heading towards/hovering over City Hall - lo and behold, Ford has arrived to work.

Okay, it is definitely not normal for helicopters to be following him around like that. Well, police helicopters maybe, but not news helicopters unless something is up.

There are TONS of crazy politicians throughout the United States; some are even in Congress. I think the Fords have received even more attention than they normally would because Canada, largely, has not had a history of this sort of thing before.

Well, we have had our share but none as spectacularly derailed, deranged and deluded as Rub and Tug.

P.S. Anyone remember a TV show called "Nightstand with Dick Deitrick"? It was a fake send up of Jerry Springer and there was a character named Bob who would show up regularly, he was an addict, pervert, lecherous, manipulative liar who by way of answering his misdeeds would say, like he didn't give a shit, "I'm sick, I need help", like that completely exonerated him from his misdeeds.

Rub has his schtick down PAT!

Apparently Ford's driver is recording Janet Davis talking to reporters. What is with these guys and recording people? Are they trying to exact revenge for gangbangers recording Rob smoking crack by recording councillors talking to reporters and people sitting in the public gallery during council meetings? Can't they see these are two separate things? What possible value can they gain by recording perfectly normal actions that fall neatly into the realm of not even close to illegal? I just don't get it!

Also, isn't Robyn on a different beat now?

She is sitting outside his office, in case Ford comes out to say something...

Could she be privy to a media tip off from TPS? Maybe Ford has negotiated a surrender time after the vote, TPS has alerted media to be ready? Now they are descending in case Ford blurts something out?

Okay, it is definitely not normal for helicopters to be following him around like that. Well, police helicopters maybe, but not news helicopters unless something is up.

I just think that they followed him into work this morning - a la slow speed car chase. Pretty sure it was a news chopper - but I could have been wrong. It was mostly white with what I thought was the ctv logo.

the first copter I saw (that went over Dundas from about Jane, heading east) was black and white but couldn't make out any markings (i.e. wasn't OPP or a news outlet)

Could she be privy to a media tip off from TPS? Maybe Ford has negotiated a surrender time after the vote, TPS has alerted media to be ready? Now they are descending in case Ford blurts something out?

Are you being serious?

robyndoolittle ‏@robyndoolittle 11m
Okay Ford is in his office. I'm sitting outside his office - incase he comes out and says something - so you don't have to. You're welcome
Expand

I wouldn't read too much into the the media being outside his office. They are always there. If there's more media than usual it's probably because today is a city council day with big issues at hand.

Apparently Ford's driver is recording Janet Davis talking to reporters. What is with these guys and recording people? Are they trying to exact revenge for gangbangers recording Rob smoking crack by recording councillors talking to reporters and people sitting in the public gallery during council meetings? Can't they see these are two separate things? What possible value can they gain by recording perfectly normal actions that fall neatly into the realm of not even close to illegal? I just don't get it!
Why would you record a conversation with reporters? It's already being recorded and probably video taped too. Oh wait, intimidation tactics you say?

Tracking other councillors should not be in his scope of work, especially if Ford is driving himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back