464     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.3K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 612     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, why? She hasn't been on elevator watch for ages.

Add Cam Wooley to the mix and something is up.

TPS doesn't have a helicopter. There are always helicopters above Toronto for various reasons... Traffic and medivac and such. You really don't need a chopper to track Rob.

What is the intimidation though? Like who cares? What could they possibly do?

My guess, based on nothing, is that they're working on some sort of film for the campaign launch...a montage of Ford fighting his way through reporters, people heckling him, rival councilors stating positions they're opposed to. Kind of a "LOOK WHAT WE'RE UP AGAINST, FORD NATION" thing to get his base riled up.

Either that, and/or intimidation.

I wouldn't read too much into the the media being outside his office. They are always there. If there's more media than usual it's probably because today is a city council day with big issues at hand.

That's what I'm thinking too. Same with the helicopters - big vote in council, mayor missing for the morning, let's put all our newsy resources on this.

R Doolittle did post an Instagram of Ford walking through the reporters. From that angle, he seemed to be walking a bit gingerly, which could support a bad back excuse. On the other hand, other reporters tweeted that he 'barged' through them with no apparent pain.

Edited to complete my thought!

Last edited:
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 22m
"What's a slot?" Cllr Anthony Perruzza to city staff #TOpoli

hahah. He's probably an intelligent man but it really grinds my gears when councillors debate things they clearly haven't done the research on. Rob setting an example I guess.

Perruzza is the same guy who had to ask what the DRL was in Council a few months ago. He is unlikely to win "Most Likely To Know What He Is Talking About" any time soon.

I wouldn't read too much into the the media being outside his office. They are always there. If there's more media than usual it's probably because today is a city council day with big issues at hand.

Good point, I hadn't thought about that.

It doesn't explain Cam Wooley's presence.

Why would you record a conversation with reporters? It's already being recorded and probably video taped too. Oh wait, intimidation tactics you say?

As a descendant of people who fled the rise of a totalitarian regime and wound up in Canada, I find this incredibly disturbing and enraging. The intimidation tactics used by the Ford crew in council chambers during the power-stripping debate were shocking as well. At the risk of sounding presumptuous, I think many people who have grown up in a mostly civil and mostly democratic country like Canada have missed the significance of these episodes.

He is probably running another one of his cronies in her riding and wants soundbytes to use against her. She should ask the driver what station he works for draws attention back to him.

the first copter I saw (that went over Dundas from about Jane, heading east) was black and white but couldn't make out any markings (i.e. wasn't OPP or a news outlet)
CTV has a red and white chopper. TPS' choppers are coloured like the cars, white with red and blue stripes. OPP is black and white.

ec135-opp4-2x.jpg

Attachments

• ec135-opp4-2x.jpg
    ec135-opp4-2x.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 825
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back