425     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 601     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is still a helicopter/helicopters buzzing about the west end. urgggg my nerves.

The weight story is hilarious, unless Ford's got a chiro who makes house calls.

Speaking of accuracy, this story makes me wonder if Doug Ford wasn't lying about being contacted by Oprah.

Oprah has an entire network, with a lot of different shows. It's entirely possible someone called him from the Dr. Phil Show, and Doug spun that as being from Oprah.

Is there any chance he has negotiated to go to council this afternoon, then turn himself in? (I have no idea how these things work)

I don't know if it could work that way either, but maybe Rob thinks it could work that way too? If he wanted to make it to at least the afternoon part of the meeting, maybe that's why Doug was conferring with councillors individually? To try to get them on side before Rob speaks in favour of Porter?

I can only guess it's because Mammoliti is the biggest, most craven opportunist in Toronto politics. He's hitched himself to the Ford wagon and in some sense needs their endorsement, but part of the time he is his own loose cannon.

Do other large cities elect politicians as obviously, demonstrably, mentally ill as Mammo and the Fords? Does every other major city have their own versions of these guys?

Yes, they could have negotiated a time for him to surrender.
Surrender? I would have preferred the cops busting down his door. They can change that for the movie, though. Two scenes cut together, one of the arrest and the other being MetroMan lounging on the beach sipping on Piña coladas. The juxtaposition of a crazy scene and a calm one will be award-winning.

I don't know if it could work that way either, but maybe Rob thinks it could work that way too? If he wanted to make it to at least the afternoon part of the meeting, maybe that's why Doug was conferring with councillors individually? To try to get them on side before Rob speaks in favour of Porter?

Has anyone heard what Doug's definition of 'confer' is?

Has anyone heard what Doug's definition of 'confer' is?

ku-medium.jpg

Attachments

• ku-medium.jpg
    ku-medium.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 820
Something is going on here. Ford's back is fine. His car was in his driveway. Something happened. Don't know if it's related to Brazen, but something is going on here. On today of all days Ford is a no show all morning?

There are a lot helicopter in my neck of the woods right now - accident anywhere? ETA the 'copter I see is b&w and following Dundas east near Keele. Is someone pranking us?

I just saw the (CTV?) helicopter heading towards/hovering over City Hall - lo and behold, Ford has arrived to work.

Do other large cities elect politicians as obviously, demonstrably, mentally ill as Mammo and the Fords? Does every other major city have their own versions of these guys?

There are TONS of crazy politicians throughout the United States; some are even in Congress. I think the Fords have received even more attention than they normally would because Canada, largely, has not had a history of this sort of thing before.

I find it odd CP24 has Cam Wooley reporting from City Hall. Can not recall him reporting from there especially with all of their other reporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back