66     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 450     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 894     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone needs to go to treatment or AA really quickly. He would have been shipped off a long time ago had he worked in the public sector (Deco doesn't count).

http://globalnews.ca/news/1213398/you-lie-on-a-daily-basis-doug-ford-accuses-toronto-media-of-bias/
Jackson was really pushing. All the reporters there seemed pretty fed up with Doug

I can't be the only one who noticed that Doug really doesn't seem to get the paradox involved in explaining his brother's apparent, uh, flipflop on the whole drinking/not drinking thing, but focuses instead on reciting the Fordian talking points as if by rote, with little apparent interest or conviction: 'we saved money, city is booming, etc.'.

It reminds me of an old(ish) SNL skit where George Bush Sr (Dana Carvey) is prompted to fill a remaining minute of airtime but can't think of anything substantial or coherent to say aside from his own clichés: 'So, in conclusion ... stay the course ... thousand points of light ...'

I can't be the only one who noticed that Doug really doesn't seem to get the paradox involved in explaining his brother's apparent, uh, flipflop on the whole drinking/not drinking thing, but focuses instead on reciting the Fordian talking points as if by rote, with little apparent interest or conviction: 'we saved money, city is booming, etc.'.

Maybe it was just me, or wishful thinking on my part, but during that interview it really seemed like he was just going through the motions and his heart wasn't really in it...like he knows, deep or not so deep down, that the jig is up.

Maybe it was just me, or wishful thinking on my part, but during that interview it really seemed like he was just going through the motions and his heart wasn't really in it...like he knows, deep or not so deep down, that the jig is up.

This is what I'm thinking too...he'll be reciting the same lines until baby brother is in custody/hospital.

I feel like eventually Rob WILL end up in a hospital (or worse) and all we'll hear is how the media killed him by being relentless, and nothing will be said of his own poor life choices.

I feel like eventually Rob WILL end up in a hospital (or worse) and all we'll hear is how the media killed him by being relentless, and nothing will be said of his own poor life choices.

He is the one putting excessive amount of food, booze and drugs into his own mouth/orifices - his brother and by extension his proxy supporters enabled him. He claims he doesn't care about the media - if so, why would it has power over his life?

Last edited:
This is what I'm thinking too...he'll be reciting the same lines until baby brother is in custody/hospital.

And then he'll have one of his staffers send/bring something to the hospital as Rob did with Randy ... maybe show up during visiting hours, no promises. Got campaigning to do.

He is the one putting excessive amount of food, booze and drugs into his own mouth/orifices - his brother and by extension his proxy supporters enabled him. He claims he doesn't care about the media - if so, why would it has power over his life?

It doesn't. Not one bit. But you know Ford Nation, led by Doug, will use it as a scapegoat. Enablers, every one of them.

Joe W.

"There's nothing wrong with running for mayor and having a brew"
https://twitter.com/joe_warmington/status/445749888131686400

Unless it leads to "one of my drunken stupors", which leads to smoking crack, which leads to blackmail...

That's the smaller of the problems, in my opinion.

He claimed to be at work returning calls prior to the last video. He was drinking while working. Our mayor was DRINKING ON THE JOB. That's a very solid line of his own making that he crossed with gusto.

...And it probably wasn't just alcohol.

Even if the editorial board at The Sun does not support Ford any more, I will bet that they are happy to have Warmington on who will keep giving Ford Nation a reason to buy their paper.

Good point animated. However, Rob will say he was returning calls on his own time (because it was 10 pm or whatever). But the fact is, they were work calls, and he was in his office. Rob seems to think it's a noon to 4 pm job and all other time is "personal".

Good point animated. However, Rob will say he was returning calls on his own time (because it was 10 pm or whatever). But the fact is, they were work calls, and he was in his office. Rob seems to think it's a noon to 4 pm job and all other time is "personal".

The whole, "what Rob does on his own time doesn't matter" line conflicts with Ford's (and Ford Nation's) statement that "being a mayor is not a 9-5 job", used to explain why he makes late night calls, and doesn't show up to work for regular work hours.

Anything to make his foibles seem as much as productive work as possible.

The whole, "what Rob does on his own time doesn't matter" line conflicts with Ford's (and Ford Nation's) statement that "being a mayor is not a 9-5 job", used to explain why he makes late night calls, and doesn't show up to work for regular work hours.

They just don't care.

I've reached the point where I'm pretty sure a lot of the really hardcore Ford supporters continue to revere him largely because it makes us so mad. He frustrates exactly the people they dislike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back