5.1K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 726     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. You just posted the 50,000 post in this thread, jml.

Well, sort of: there were more posts, but a bunch have been deleted over time for contravening the rules.

Still, good on yah.

Cheers!

Geez, I wish I posted something better. Maybe we should delete it and hold off on posting til the arrest so that can be 50000? (Aw, who am I kidding, we'll probably hit another milestone by that point.)

Geez, I wish I posted something better. Maybe we should delete it and hold off on posting til the arrest so that can be 50000? (Aw, who am I kidding, we'll probably hit another milestone by that point.)

Not to get anyone's hopes up too much (we've all been through that before) but here's what Metroman was saying on Twitter tonight...

@MetroManTO 53m
We're now 1 week away from when chatter indicates TPS should be done processing warrant data obtained on Rob Ford and legal loose ends tied.

@MetroManTO 51m
A new warrant was issued recently so that may impact the timeline but we could see charges as early in just over a week.

@MetroManTO 45m
It could just be related to unsealing of the warrants, but something could be happening tomorrow. A lot of talk around TPS tonight. #TOpoli

@MetroManTO 43m
Even though OPP has assumed oversight, TPS would still place the cuffs on Ford. Makes sense that chatter is coming from TPS high brass.

‏@MetroManTO 27m
@joeflett @MrIanMacIntyre Detectives work late at night all the time. TPS high brass don't miss supper unless it's important.

I saw that too. Not getting my hopes up though.

Incidentally, what does "chatter" mean in the sense MetroMan is using it? It's the kind of thing you hear on 24 or Homeland as an easy plot point. Like, where is he hearing this "chatter", specifically?

I saw that too. Not getting my hopes up though.

Incidentally, what does "chatter" mean in the sense MetroMan is using it? It's the kind of thing you hear on 24 or Homeland as an easy plot point. Like, where is he hearing this "chatter", specifically?

My best guest? Ever listen to individual conversations on a scanner? In this case most of them are "off the record" about "official" events.

In this case, the Brass is indulging in topics about the main events.

Last edited:
Jackson Proskow ‏@JProskowGlobal 15m
"Why don’t you tell the truth, why don’t you tell the truth and why don’t you tell the truth!" said Doug Ford as he pointed at reporters.

Jackson Proskow ‏@JProskowGlobal 4m
I asked Councillor Ford to provide a specific example of the media not telling the truth. He couldn't. Then said "I could talk all day."

It is so strange that Doug gets angry and lashes out at the media, instead of the source of the problems, his brother.

That's what I'm hearing now too--police action next week or the week after. Only don't know who or for what.

In terms of the ito they're meeting about tomorrow, apparently it's entertaining but not really important.

The document filed after that one is really good but will require a whole new court challenge.

So today, nothing, next week maybe something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back