News   Jul 18, 2024
 774     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 578     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's for sure!

Geeze I'm starting to feel like a well-worn old broad but my Grandfather was taken to that facility for a very similar episode; a melt-down at work. He never came home after that which was unfortunate, but safer for the family and him. I think booze pickles the brain (not literally, but it does do some sort of long-term damage in extreme cases.) If only Ford had some warning of what the future holds.... oh, yeah. He did.

From wikipedia:

Korsakoff's syndrome (also called Korsakoff's dementia, Korsakoff's psychosis, or amnesic-confabulatory syndrome) is a neurological disorder caused by a lack of thiamine (vitamin B1) in the brain. Its onset is linked to chronic alcohol abuse and/or severe malnutrition. The syndrome is named after Sergei Korsakoff, a Russian neuropsychiatrist who discovered the syndrome during the late 19th century.
Contents [hide]
1 Signs and symptoms
2 Causes
2.1 Risk factors
3 Treatment
4 Prevention
5 Case studies
6 See also
7 References
8 External links
Signs and symptoms[edit]

There are six major symptoms of Korsakoff's syndrome:
anterograde amnesia
retrograde amnesia, severe memory loss
confabulation, that is, invented memories which are then taken as true due to gaps in memory sometimes associated with blackouts
minimal content in conversation
lack of insight
apathy - the patients lose interest in things quickly and generally appear indifferent to change.
These symptoms are caused by a deficiency of thiamine (vitamin B1).[1] Thiamine is essential for the carboxylation of pyruvate and deficiency during this metabolic process is thought to cause damage to the medial thalamus and mammillary bodies of the posterior hypothalamus as well as generalized cerebral atrophy.[2] These brain regions are all parts of the limbic system, which is heavily involved in emotion and memory.

Sounds like Ford, actually. "Lack of insight?" yup.

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO · 3h
I consistently hear critical pieces of detective/legal work coming together in April or as early as late March #AprilShowers

Not sure if this is the most up to date Pool. These are the picks for late March and April.

retailestate Mar 16
aghost Mar 17
ParkdalePetunia Mar 18
OSS 117 Mar 19
Kat_YYZ Mar 19
westyvt Mar 20
West of Spadina Mar 21
AlbertHWagstaff Mar 24
rightsingSUVdriver Mar 24
blackballed Mar 29

JWBF Apr 01
Mope Apr 01
Bob But Not Doug Apr 02
Jado Apr 02
r937 Apr 03
VintagePunk Apr 04
JWBF's wife Apr 08
sixrings Apr 11
thereverend Apr 15
LordWanker Apr 18
pattycakes Apr 19
drk Apr 20
Dubster Apr 20
R4V4G3D_SKU11S Apr 21
Soop Apr 23

Last edited:
I work with some patients who have Korsakoff's, Ford definetely does not have that syndrome.

Psychopathic, Narcisistic, sure.

I just realized I used my handle from another forum for the pool :p Should be basic, Apr 21. I'll have to amend that.

I work with some patients who have Korsakoff's, Ford definetely does not have that syndrome.

Psychopathic, Narcisistic, sure.

He is also not very bright, so when you add in a borderline personality disorder you end up with a Rob.

Not sure if this is the most up to date Pool. These are the picks for late March and April.

retailestate Mar 16
aghost Mar 17
ParkdalePetunia Mar 18
OSS 117 Mar 19
Kat_YYZ Mar 19
westyvt Mar 20
West of Spadina Mar 21
AlbertHWagstaff Mar 24
rightsingSUVdriver Mar 24
blackballed Mar 29

JWBF Apr 01
Mope Apr 01
Bob But Not Doug Apr 02
Jado Apr 02
r937 Apr 03
VintagePunk Apr 04
JWBF's wife Apr 08
sixrings Apr 11
thereverend Apr 15
LordWanker Apr 18
pattycakes Apr 19
drk Apr 20
Dubster Apr 20
R4V4G3D_SKU11S Apr 21
Soop Apr 23

What's the prize for the pool winner? I'm assuming UT fame ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back