News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 625     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
From last year:
"I like sports. I like non-fiction movies, based on true stories and stuff like that…But I like history too and the wars and all that."
- Rob Ford, dishing on his cinematic preferences after sashaying down the red carpet outside the TIFF Bell Lightbox yesterday. The mayor didn’t attend any festival screenings, though he does plan on catching a showing of Smurfs 2. His favourite film? American Gangster, a tale of mobsters, hard drugs and municipal corruption. Huh
http://www.torontolife.com/tiff/ran...r-rob-ford-on-what-makes-movies-really-great/

Last edited:
I guess ol' Robbie has no idea that most of this year's Oscar picks were based on true stories

A better comparison would be to compare it to the number of views of all the embarrassing Ford videos. Even when you just search 'Rob Ford' on youtube, every single video on page one has more views than his show (Ford Nation doesn't even show up in the search results, except for that Sun News drivel).

Good point. :eek:

You will never convince a left brained person of something like intuition, or a suxth sense like gaydar. It is beyond logic. You either have that ability .... or you don't believe in it.
Arguing with someone who wants proof is a waste of time.

Yes, exactly. Like god, homeopathy or clairvoyants. Some people expect extraordinary claims to come with extraordinary proof. No disrespect intended, but I long ago stopped believing in things that are part of popular culture yet are unprovable, or under-studied. Masses of people believing something isn't proof of anything. (fyi, I have no idea what a "left brained person" is supposed to represent.)

Overly-sensitive GavinTheAlmighty incoming, but I find his minimizing of his alcohol addiction to folksisms like this to be incredibly infuriating. Every time he says this, I just want someone nearby to pipe up "By which he means several alcoholic beverages. You may also recall that Ford has promised to quit drinking several times."

One of my wife's family members is a chronic alcoholic and it is nothing to be minimized. It is horrible, and the only reason he's not literally in the gutter is because he has the family money keep his house running.

There are several issues with Rob that trigger my sense of empathy. Alcoholism is not a joke and in his case, if he continues unchecked, he will probably die.

It becomes harder to empathize when he attacks or fires people when they try to help. The jokes are coming from people who are just so angry at this point that it's no-holds-barred. It's human nature to try to humiliate people who refuse to behave in socially accepted norms - but it beats medieval punishment like stoning. (I know 2 wrongs don't make a right, it's just an attempt to understand.)

I still wonder where that murder rant video was taped? I thought it might be his own home, or that of a relative. The angle of the camera appears to indicate that someone is filming from under a table or something; on the floor. When David Hasselhoff was filmed drooling on his burger, it was his own daughter who filmed it. Imagine how a drunken rant like that would affect your kids? If I had today's technology when I was their age, I would have for sure videotaped my own family doing the same crap and played it for them while pleading for it to end. No kid should witness a parent in that state.

There are several issues with Rob that trigger my sense of empathy. Alcoholism is not a joke and in his case, if he continues unchecked, he will probably die.

It becomes harder to empathize when he attacks or fires people when they try to help. The jokes are coming from people who are just so angry at this point that it's no-holds-barred. It's human nature to try to humiliate people who refuse to behave in socially accepted norms - but it beats medieval punishment like stoning. (I know 2 wrongs don't make a right, it's just an attempt to understand.)

I still wonder where that murder rant video was taped? I thought it might be his own home, or that of a relative. The angle of the camera appears to indicate that someone is filming from under a table or something; on the floor. When David Hasselhoff was filmed drooling on his burger, it was his own daughter who filmed it. Imagine how a drunken rant like that would affect your kids? If I had today's technology when I was their age, I would have for sure videotaped my own family doing the same crap and played it for them while pleading for it to end. No kid should witness a parent in that state.

I believe JimmiT said it was shot at Payman Abudababdoo's parents' home. I think he said it was some kids goofing around, and that a friend of theirs videoed the phone.

The Murder Rant vid contained language a good deal stronger than "The Hoff" used during his drunken stupor.

I wonder if The Murder Rant vid would have been enough to qualify for a ride down to Queen St. on a Form 1?

Last edited:
Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO · 6h
federal Crown, OPP and TPS names involved, point to a case in final stages. Charges as early as end of March.

MetroMan is tweeting about how he came to his role in this saga:

http://twitter.com/MetroManTO

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO 3m
As the whole story was revealed, my anonymity became less critical. So here we are. Buckle up, we're far from finished.

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO 6m
My inside source tipped that they and others would resign. And thus I lost my mole but others continued to step up and volunteer.

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO 8m
I became the #TOpoli guy to leak news that the press wouldn't print without meeting sources.

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO 8m
When news blew up, that source put me in touch with somebody inside Ford's office.

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO 9m
Just prior to Rob Ford crackgate, a city source tipped that police were sniffing around Mayor's office. Something big was happening.

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO 11m
My network of #TOpoli sources comes from my history sitting on the board of directors of a city agency.

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO 14m
Now that I can speak openly, to those speculating on @reddit no I don't work at Metro . MetroMan is short for Metropolitan (Toronto) Man.

Last edited:
The Murder Rant vid contained language a good deal stronger than "The Hoff" used during his drunken stupor.

That's for sure!

I'm not an expert, but I wonder if The Murder Rant vid would have been enough to qualify for a ride down to Queen St. on a Form 1? We hauled "folks" down there in straitjackets on less.

Geeze I'm starting to feel like a well-worn old broad but my Grandfather was taken to that facility for a very similar episode; a melt-down at work. He never came home after that which was unfortunate, but safer for the family and him. I think booze pickles the brain (not literally, but it does do some sort of long-term damage in extreme cases.) If only Ford had some warning of what the future holds.... oh, yeah. He did.

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO · 3h
I consistently hear critical pieces of detective/legal work coming together in April or as early as late March #AprilShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back