1K     0 
News   Aug 02, 2024
 2.7K     2 
News   Aug 02, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what is really becoming interesting is the concerted negative campaign that is "virally" forming against Rob Ford from the collective public.

We can call it the "A-Rob Spring".

Last edited:
You're right. And Kevin Donovan introduced [Jayme Poisson] to the source that ended up tipping her off about the raids. Jayme gets nowhere near the amount of recognition that Doolittle gets even though she's at least as talented.

Agreed! She is one of many brave, hard-working & talented reporters based in our city. You may have resd more of her work than you realise.

From Jayme Poisson's thestar.com profile:

The Star said:
Jayme Poisson joined the I-Team in January 2013. Her first series, with colleague David Bruser, looked at how cheap American handguns make their way to Toronto’s streets.

Previously, Jayme was a general assignment reporter with the newspaper’s city department, where she wrote dozens of stories about alleged civil rights abuses during Toronto’s 2010 G20 weekend and focused on gang and gun violence in the city. In 2011, she wrote a story about a “genderless baby†named Storm that subsequently became the most read story ever on thestar.com.
Jayme has reported for the Star from Kenya and the streets of Cairo during the early weeks of Egypt’s revolution.

In 2013, she was nominated for a National Newspaper award for a story she wrote about a mother whose husband killed their son and himself.

I never really got the impression that the Post had a position on Ford aside from tacitly supporting him.

That's the thing. Ford kind of puts them in an awkward position, so it's in their best interests to downplay the whole situation. Bad conservatives hurt the narrative they want to sell. The Sun doesn't care about that stuff, they just want to sell papers. Which is, ironically, a more honestly right-wing position.

Anyone else have their interest piqued by slob and thug getting/ answering an email from Thailand?.

Do we recall Thailand being mentioned before!!!!

Anyone else have their interest piqued by slob and thug getting/ answering an email from Thailand?.

Do we recall Thailand being mentioned before!!!!

It was amusing. If it was made up (which, of course it was), it was a weird choice given its general association with wildness. I expect the next episode will have him answering letters from fans in Medellin.

Curious:

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 · 6m
The high school basketball game Ford is attending this afternoon isn't in Toronto. "@Said3lmi_ Why is Rob Ford in Brampton loool"

It was amusing. If it was made up (which, of course it was), it was a weird choice given its general association with wildness. I expect the next episode will have him answering letters from fans in Medellin.

Didn't the missing girl show up in Thailand? Could this be an insidious threat.....gumba style? Or am I watching too much Sopranos!

Curious:

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 · 6m
The high school basketball game Ford is attending this afternoon isn't in Toronto. "@Said3lmi_ Why is Rob Ford in Brampton loool"

must be one of his dealers living there.

His official answer to Don Peat was "constituent visits." Dare we hope he is moving to Brampton?

must be one of his dealers living there.

His official answer to Don Peat was "constituent visits." Dare we hope he is moving to Brampton?

My feeling as well. It is obvious he drinks and is 'medicated' always.

When Toronto was crushed by ice storm last December 22nd. Ford disappeared until afternoon.
I was thinking he was "visiting constituents" at time to load up until power issue was resolved.

We shall watch the descent into his personal maelstrom.
The swirl now seems to be tightening and speeding up.

Somebody close to the Ford family who I've been talking to occasionally over the past few years said that "If Rob gets arrested, Doug will run for Mayor". Oh boy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back