68     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 913     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 819     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The YouTube show reminds me of Coach's Corner. Rob (Ron McLean) getting cut off by Doug (Don), shifting awkwardly, staring variously at the ceiling or the desk.

The Ford Nation banner looks like it's been tarped over the lawnmower in Doug's garage since the fall. Kind of comical that they're using a gmail address for the campaign. Pretty budget start overall.

You need a g-mail account for subscribing, etc. on YouTube.

Ya, "Wayne's World" meets "Coaches Corner" hits the mark. Rob McClean & Sour Grapes.

Has he even shown enough self-discipline to drop a few pounds, like he promised he would?

probably; he was doing the workouts (enough sightings at the gym) so even if he didn't change his diet, the physical activity would jolt a big guy like him into some weight loss. At first. Then I guess he'd hit a plateau.

Am I the only one who thinks this sordid saga will end badly? Every chance Ford has had to take responsibility, he has shirked it.
I have a feeling it will end in tragedy, and Torontonians will be shaking their heads, still wondering "what alternate universe did we suddenly get sucked into?"
Other posters have said that they feel TO deserves dignity when it is time for RF to be arrested.
I doubt that will happen.
RF is very delusional. He won't accept responsibility and he won't go quietly. I feel like the coming police charges will be a big shocking deal. And just as people supported him, his Nation will turn. Everyone else already hates him, so it won't take much for Rf to be vilified.
I feel like there will be a period where he will walk down the street dodging tomatoes that are chucked his way.

Great rebuttal video

[video=youtube;kl7sNY44pC8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl7sNY44pC8&feature=share&list=UUP3wRV9dxurMlsCd0qOnqsQ&index=1[/video]

If charged and convicted, his sentence should include being tarred and feathered and paraded around downtown (and the suburbs), in an open air carriage. Or maybe on the top of a double decker Toronto tour bus.

Am I the only one who thinks this sordid saga will end badly? Every chance Ford has had to take responsibility, he has shirked it.
I have a feeling it will end in tragedy, and Torontonians will be shaking their heads, still wondering "what alternate universe did we suddenly get sucked into?"
Other posters have said that they feel TO deserves dignity when it is time for RF to be arrested.
I doubt that will happen.
RF is very delusional. He won't accept responsibility and he won't go quietly. I feel like the coming police charges will be a big shocking deal. And just as people supported him, his Nation will turn. Everyone else already hates him, so it won't take much for Rf to be vilified.
I feel like there will be a period where he will walk down the street dodging tomatoes that are chucked his way.

Unless this man gets himself to rehab/treatment it will end poorly all-round.

If charged and convicted, his sentence should include being tarred and feathered and paraded around downtown (and the suburbs), in an open air carriage. Or maybe on the top of a double decker Toronto tour bus.

An open air streetcar, specially modified for Ford would be my choice.

Ford Nation does not believe that life existed before they were born, as they were unable to see it in their own eyes.

Hah! I hadn't been enjoying your posts as much recently (I hope you'll forgive me if I say that some of them seemed a bit irritable and off-topic?) but with this you're right back on form. Kudos!

Whatever happens, I want him and any faith people placed in him thoroughly discredited. Otherwise, he'll get a show on Talk Radio or a ghostwritten column in the Sun, other Fords will run for government and their poison of division, blame, negativity, simple solutions and lies will drag on the city for years. He's a celebrity now - not going to go away unless he and his family are fully disgraced.

Agree on NatPost. Chris Selley et al. keep talking about the Star's 'obsession', but really, it comes out like NatPost is bored with the scandal, so let's move on. Pretty weak from journalists.

Rob Ford is harmful to the conservative brand, so the Post thinks it would be better if the whole thing just went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back