427     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 601     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember how I stumbled upon it but I do know that I have submerged myself with it since I did (a long while before I created a profile)

Hyper-focused.

It has been super fun and educational. I created a profile as I heard a rumour from a reliable source and wanted to share. I regret spreading the rumour and have learned from it.

I should also mention I haven't strayed from this thread that has been open in a tab since the day I discovered it.

Though the threats could just as well come from independent nutters (i.e. unhinged I Hate The War types) than from actual direct Ford-camp goons...
Any group/forum that begins with "I Hate the War on ..." or similar tends to consist of radicalized reactionary fringe groups that deserve widespread ridicule. Ford Nation is one such radicalized reactionary fringe group that deserves widespread ridicule, which is one of the most polite ways to describe it.

Other such radicalized reactionary fringe groups that deserve widespread ridicule include Young Flat Earth Creationists, homeopathists, believers in ancient astronauts, faith healers, believers in Rapture (including believers of the 2012 apocalypse) and such.

I would not be surprised if Neil Flagg turns out to be a Young Flat Earth Creationist.

Last edited:
I was watching the news and they showed Mayor Ford and family arriving at Pearson Airport. I noticed their driver "Jerry" was there. If he is a City employee, he must be accumulating a lot of overtime.

Rather than use a City of Toronto chauffeur on OT, would it not be more cost efficient for Mayor Ford to put his family in a taxi?

They don't live far from the airport, and it was a personal trip, not a business trip. Transportation for him and his family when not on City business should not be at the expense of the taxpayers. Or, am I missing something here?

A few things:

1) Frod Fest: I'll be there. Probably later, but I'll be there.

2) I came here because it kept getting mentioned on Twitter. Im addition to the generally well-informed commentary, a forum such as this is important because can you imagime MetroMan being forced to make his posts in 140 character increments?

3) I don't know how many people look back at the old posts, but it really is a treasure trove. Pretty much everything that has happened has been foreshadowed if not explicitly predicted on this thread.

4) Which is why it would be great to curate this thread into a more organized format. Basically a Ford wiki - but maybe a wiki by invitation to avoid it being overrun by Ford Nationals. I tried to do this with the ITO (www.robfordfiles.com), but it's an overwhelming task for one person and I'm sure that there are much better platforms than Google Sites.

So, if anyone has any brilliant ideas on how to capture and organize the information relevant to this remarkable moment in history unfolding before us, I'm happy contribute.

Feel free to send me a personal message.

The driver is a city employee, but in a political office. No overtime, though time in lieu could be negotiable.

Not unionized.

He prefers the title special assistant, correcting reporters who call him a driver. He is the person who photographed the public during a Council meeting, under Ford's instructions.

I wished him good luck when he began, asking him to ensure that Rob Ford not drive.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention, I'm pretty sure that Lisi has been convicted of threatening to kill two women, but not done time.

Must have a good lawyer.

The driver is a city employee, but in a political office. No overtime, though time in lieu could be negotiable.

If the driver ( whatever ) is on the City payroll ( union or non-union ) he still has to get overtime or Lieu Time ( Union get LT at time-and-a-half. Do non-union get LT at straight time? )

If he has to drive Ford every time he leaves the house that must accumulate a lot of OT or LT.

As I said, this trip to VAN with his family was not City business. I would have thought the short drive home from Pearson would have shown more "respect for the taxpayer" if he had paid for a cab out of his own pocket rather that call in a City employee.

Eh, if the guy is salaried and loyal to Rob he's not really abusing the taxpayer it's more like a coworker doing him a favour. Surely we have no lack of real scandal to nail him with, why grasp at straws like this? I mean, to be completely fair, Rob never wanted a driver.

Since we're being meta about this thread and what it means in general, I think that's probably one of the biggest faults with this format. The rampant speculation that snowballs into "circlejerking" - like, guys, the speculation about the alleged prostitute was just deplorable. What you did, looking up the information on those women and posting links to their Facebook, is a bannable offence in a lot of online communities. Colloquially referred to as "doxxing".

And when the news cycle slows down everyone starts grasping at straws. I don't think the bulletin-board/forum format is the best for discussions like this because low-effort content quickly drown out the good posts. But there are issues with other formats too.

Last edited:
Eh, if the guy is salaried and loyal to Rob he's not really abusing the taxpayer it's more like a coworker doing him a favour.

Eh, what do I know? I only worked for the City of Toronto for 36+ years. Sure, I was loyal and did them a lot of favours. 24/7/365 I was available to the taxpayers. But, no freebies! Time and half, and triple time on Stat Holidays! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back