News   Jul 22, 2024
 337     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 397     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mayor of Montreal suburb swears he's 'not Rob Ford'

Jean-Claude Gingras, the mayor of L'Assomption, an off-island suburb of Montreal, says he's nothing like the embattled mayor of Toronto.

"No, no, no. I'm nothing like Rob Ford! I'm not on crack, I'm not on a binge," said Gingras, who was arrested at 1 a.m. Saturday after police suspected him of impaired driving. Gingras, who refused a breathalyzer test, told QMI Agency that he was not drunk, and had consumed four beers over a five-hour period.

This is the second time the mayor has been arrested for driving under the influence. The last time was approximately one year ago, in January 2013.

Gingras claims he is a victim of a police campaign to harass and intimidate him.

Sebastian Giroux, the president of L'assomption's Police Brotherhood, called Gingras' accusations "serious" and denied them.

"That claim is false," said Giroux. "We do our jobs and make arrests when there are infractions."

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/politics/archives/2014/01/20140126-154944.html

does anyone know anything about this?

Rob Ford forgets name of Chinese Consul General in Toronto.

Be4-9m6CMAA8CjC.jpg

https://twitter.com/raykwong/status/427348242917896192/photo/1

Attachments

• Be4-9m6CMAA8CjC.jpg
    Be4-9m6CMAA8CjC.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 330
i wonder how close to the truth this will be...

Still, Ford seems to enjoy unassailable popularity with a subhuman class of citizen known by the sobriquet Ford Nation. But the cultivated people who comprise the rest of the city understand the damage caused by the daily assault on the self-esteem of the thinking Torontonian as a result of being vicariously associated with Rob Ford.

[...]

Ford has used cocaine, he has been drunk in public, and yet his support remains rock-solid. But what if Ford was to do something far worse than any of these past transgressions?

What if Ford were to be involved in the type of scandal where he was caught in a brothel, perhaps of the type that exploited poor, immigrant women, turning them into virtual sex slaves?

Imagine Rob Ford being caught by police naked in such a place. Then, with a prostitute leaving his rented cubicle holding a kleenex freshly damp from Ford's venereal excretion, he lied to a police officer and claimed he was just getting a "shiatsu."

Then imagine if higher-ups in the police department colluded to keep the matter a secret.

[...]

Naturally, this is all just fantasizing. Nothing so far-fetched could happen in real life, could it?

http://eyecrazy.blogspot.ca/2014/01/how-would-torontos-media-react-to-this.html

but again... why does the drug use and possible sex scandal drown out having criminal ties?!?

How about 'not very'? That loon, Richard Klagsbrun (sp?),the Eye-Crazy guy, you quoted is actually referring in a not-so-sly fashion to Jack Layton's 'found-in' at a dubious 'spa'. He talks about Ford, but he's suggesting that Layton's alleged transgression was covered up. So, to Klagsbrun, Ford is a persecuted martyr with Five-O relentlessly on his trail, while the very epitome of 'Downtown Elite', St. Jack, was thoroughly coddled by colluding fellow travellers in the Po-po. Double-standards and all that. Klagsbrun is a troll who, somehow, used to write for the NatPost.

Last edited:

http://eyecrazy.blogspot.ca/2014/01/how-would-torontos-media-react-to-this.html

but again... why does the drug use and possible sex scandal drown out having criminal ties?!?

I'm not sure what to make of this. This individual generally rants on twitter and his blog about the persecution of Rob Ford and the indoctrination of Marxism into youth at the TDSB. I'd be surprised if he were the one leaking damaging (though believable) claims about Ford.

I'm not sure what happened the time that he was charged for assaulting her (2008-ish?). The charges were dropped because of "inconsistencies" in her statements, but I don't think it's ever been reported what those inconsistencies were. I do wonder if the Fords pulled some strings in the police department.
Rob Ford has made no secret of Renata Ford's drug issues. I would doubt it's strings in the police department, but the old fashioned "I'll make sure you never see the kids again" ... which is likely true if Rob put his mind to it and told all he knew of her addiction.

Rob Ford has got it made; he can beat his wife and then blackmail her to make sure she doesn't tell the police ... or recants if she does.

Last edited:
If Rob put his mind to it and told all he knew of her heroin addiction.

Whoa - how do we/you know it's a heroin addiction?! I hadn't heard that one before, only rumblings of prescription pills (e.g. oxy) and probably alcohol too.

In any event, those poor kids are just doomed - environmentally and genetically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back