267     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 338     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised if he had a facelift at some point.

He's young for a full on facelift--could have had a chin tuck or eyebrow lift. At the very least, its obvious he's been using injectable fillers like Juvederm or Botox, and he's definitely had his teeth capped. He probably has the same genetically deficient yellow niblet hillbilly teeth that his brother has...

With Ford, it's more accurate to call them delusions rather than lies. he's actually not a good liar at all; hence the blurted out crack-smoking confession, and other things he's let slip. Often when confronted directly, he stumbles. A lot of stuff he can repeat over and over again with a straight face and absolute conviction because he has somehow convinced himself that it's true.

This is amazing and a copy should be sent to everyone who was at that luncheon. Or, given the actual timing and the guest of dishonour, perhaps we should call it "high tea".

And no doubt he took no questions afterwards. A REAL mayor would have been able to provide intelligent back-and-forth discourse with his audience. Would have been informed, informative, engaging and engaged. Notwithstanding Ford's desire to avoid all of the embarrassing questions about his personal life, he would simply not be able to hold his own in intelligent policy talks, with citizens or otherwise.

Such a shame.

jian ghomeshi ‏@jianghomeshi
Just finished "Crazy Town" by @robyndoolittle. This will become the must-read book on the sordid #RobFord saga. Comprehensive. Out on Feb 3.

"When cops arrived, they observed that Mrs. Ford had bruises and cuts to her limbs and face that appeared to be a few days old."
- http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...ms_may_be_those_closest_to_him_dimanno_1.html

Here's a bit more on the abuse from Jan Wong (the whole article's worth reading if you want to click the link):

http://thechronicleherald.ca/opinion/1169969-wong-my-addition-to-the-story-of-rob-ford

Based on a tip, I phoned Borys Wrzesnewskj, then MP for Etobicoke-Centre. He told me he’d been campaigning door-to-door during the 2006 federal election. At a house on Edenbridge Drive, Renata answered the door. They chatted in Polish, but he had no idea who she was until Rob Ford appeared.

I asked if he had seen any bruises on Renata. A silence ensued, so long that I thought Wrzesnewskj had hung up on me.

“It was evening,” he eventually said.

I asked again. Long pause.

“You know it’s really hard to tell what sort of condition people are in.”

I asked again. Long pause.

“You see many things when you knock on doors. You’re never quite sure.”

Rob Ford, an inspiration to all the young people in Canada... not.

From The Star, at this link:

bruce_mackinnon_jan_26_2014.jpg

Attachments

• bruce_mackinnon_jan_26_2014.jpg
    bruce_mackinnon_jan_26_2014.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 387
I didn't know she actually had bruises - whoa, really? What the hell is Ford doing on the loose then?

If police didn't see him do it and she isn't willing to report it there's not really anything they can do.

I'm not sure what happened the time that he was charged for assaulting her (2008-ish?). The charges were dropped because of "inconsistencies" in her statements, but I don't think it's ever been reported what those inconsistencies were. I do wonder if the Fords pulled some strings in the police department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back