173     0 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 473     1 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 1.2K     7 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say this, but when the Sun or the Nat'l Post do finally decide to rip into Ford they don't mince words and they do it with conviction. Certainly more than the CBC who have become so precautious it's hardly worth reading, but even the Star. I generally cringe at anything printed by the Sun, but the Michele Mandel story was good, and drove the point hard. So did the Nat'l ConPost story here: http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...n-promises-and-statements-at-odds-with-facts/

Why are 'left' leaning rational people in Canada so bloody timid?! A bunch of pusillanimous fraidy cats. Is it because outspokenness is associated with American'ness, which is associated with mindless conservatism? Because that's nonsense. Americans wrote the book on 'left leaning bike-riding pinkos' and they do it with conviction. And so should we.

I think we're so used to the Star going after him it doesn't jump out at us. When the Sun or Post do it, it's a huge deal because it's atypical. The Sun only jumps on these stories after he's done something really big and they're just piling on.

I think we're so used to the Star going after him it doesn't jump out at us. When the Sun or Post do it, it's a huge deal because it's atypical. The Sun only jumps on these stories after he's done something really big and they're just piling on.

But when the Star does it they are so careful with their words. I recall the article where the Star refuted Ford's fat fucking LIES about saving a billion dollars. All they could say is "um, we think, er, that Ford's claims may be exaggerated". No shit!

Yup, that is Rhiannon Traill (President of Economics Club) obviously NOT stuck in elevator.

This Ford lie parade has real shades of Noam Chomsky's "Deterring Democracy" .such small scale B.S for what end?

If she's covering up for him, she should be made to explain herself. If I were paying to be at a $900/table lunch and the key speaker didn't show up for over an hour, I'd want my money back and I'd still be angry for having my valuable time wasted. If she's making up excuses to avoid the consequences, it only makes it worse. Off with her head!

I'm rather worried that a bunch of people who can afford a 100-dollar-a-plate lunch would pay that to hear Rob Fraud speak.

What does that say about them?

I'm also rather perplexed about the fact that the ECOC would invite Fraud to speak.

He has NOTHING interesting (or factual) to say. Ever.
They'd have to pay me to sit through that.

But when the Star does it they are so careful with their words. I recall the article where the Star refuted Ford's fat fucking LIES about saving a billion dollars. All they could say is "um, we think, er, that Ford's claims may be exaggerated". No shit!

Hey, as a loyal reader of the G+M, I've been trying to get them to let me write an editorial on Rob Fraud. They're not showing any interest. I think they're scared of offending people. :)

If she's covering up for him, she should be made to explain herself. If I were paying to be at a $900/table lunch and the key speaker didn't show up for over an hour, I'd want my money back and I'd still be angry for having my valuable time wasted. If she's making up excuses to avoid the consequences, it only makes it worse. Off with her head!

I'm trying to come up with an explantation for the photo. Are we 100% sure that Ford was still in there when this was taken? Perhaps Rhiannon and Ford were already rescued from the elevator but Rhiannon stuck around for a little while to observe the mechanics out of curiosity?

I'm really splitting hairs trying to come up with an excuse for this.

Weird. I don't know if that photo is conclusive, but it does raise the question. Could the photo have been taken after they were let out? FYI. Here's a photo of RoFo and RT from the elevator. Any of you photo slueths care to compare and comment?

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/01/23/mayor-rob-ford-recounts-being-stuck-in-elevator

Lol... I don't know if you guys need to get glasses but that does not look like Rhiannon Traill at all.
Look at what she is wearing, she works at the hotel. Duh.

Also the woman in the picture parts her hair down the middle and not off to the side. And her hair doesn't look that good. Just looking at her face though it's quite obvious all y'all need to lay off the pipe!!

That last little but was a joke but seriously guys. That does not look ANYTHING like Rihannon on her twitter or on google, not her hairstyle or her clothing, the woman in the picture also appears taller by reference of the elevator door. Don't get all conspiracy on this, it's a waste of your time.

Last edited:
The Information Ministry sure is quick getting this story out. Nothing ever sounds true with this guy. Not a great sign for the Hilton that their head of security and their manager are unable to contact anyone when trapped on an elevator stuck between the first floor and the basement of their building.

Last edited:
Lol... I don't know if you guys need to get glasses but that does not look like Rhiannon Traill at all.

Also the woman in the picture parts her hair down the middle and not off to the side. And her hair doesn't look that good. Just looking at her face though it's quite obvious all y'all need to lay off the pipe!!

Glasses? Oh yeah. That would be me. Big time. LOL.
'

I don't believe the poll. It really depends on how you word it, if there is an interest in showing Ford Nation is still strong they can word the question in such a way as to limit the responses. He did do a good job during the storm, and was right that we didn't need to declare an emergency but he is still such a liar and an embarrassment. We need good candidates to step forward, someone with vision not just eager to mouth "I'm here for the taxpayer" rhetoric. Transportation, development and job creation will be the big issues I think. And on the crazy side why not declare Toronto a stand alone region? That would really be a boon.

FORD NATION TALK: TTC EDITION

"Anybody remember a comment about Rob Ford saying something in council like “They have paid protestors, why cant I?â€

"This man said ALMOST WORD FOR WORD EXACTLY WHAT THE LAST GUY had said to me NOT 10 MINUTES EARLIER: “Rob Ford did exactly what he said he was going to do in office. He’s saved us tons of money.â€

http://www.shortweird.com/blog/ford-talk-ttc-edition/

i kind of doubt it. looks to me like people are soaking up the talking points, and repeating them so much on-line and in bar room conversations, that they have the patter perfect. also, the ttc is travelled by plenty of folks who are, for lack of any better words, mentally ill. functioning in society in general, but still mentally ill. they are desperate for conversation and recognition and validation, and ford and his kind seem like the perfect guys for them to get behind.

in another way, though, yes, ford has bought these guys. not directly, but things like peeling off $20s for the poor in TCHC is in a sense buying this kind of loyalty. these guys may not have directly gotten that cash, but they probably feel like they owe it to the mayor to defend him, seeing as somebody who is just as likely to be as poor as they are did.

this might as well be discussing ford nation...

[video=youtube;zWV5-VOILFw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWV5-VOILFw[/video]

That last little but was a joke but seriously guys. That does not look ANYTHING like Rihannon on her twitter or on google, not her hairstyle or her clothing, the woman in the picture also appears taller by reference of the elevator door. Don't get all conspiracy on this, it's a waste of your time.

It looks like her to me, though admittedly the hair-part is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back