145     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 275     0 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 523     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so Rob shows up late, and then to top it all off he gets stuck in an elevator. Rather than admit to being late, he just tacks on the time it took him to show up to the time he was actually stuck. So everyone agrees to say 45 minutes. An elevator was stuck, then, just not as long as they say it was.

Seems plausible to me, and hardly a tinfoil hat explanation.

i know. it does sound weird. but let me tell you, elected officials at high levels have some of the most dedicated staff who do nothing but protect them. even the mayor. and that attitude transfers to the executive and administrative and event logistics staff when they are guests at an event - "should we tell invited guests that the mayor and the prez are stuck in an elevator?" "GOD NO JUST STALL THEM FOR A FEW MINUTES MORE THERE'S A TECHNICIAN ON THE WAY THEY SHOULD BE OUT IN JUST A COUPLE OF MINUTES". because the logic would be - well, they aren't getting out of a stuck elevator any time soon, so i'll just leave. but if you don't know they're stuck in an elevator, you're just waiting, getting more and more impatient, but you don't want to get up and get your stuff together just as the mayor waltzes in. nor do you want to be conspicuous in leaving because you are an important business person and everyone is watching who leaves and who stays. "did you hear about ______?" "ohmigod, it was hilarious - they got up and left after they said the mayor was stuck in an elevator - if they waited just another five minutes they would have seen him show up" "yeah, that was like the shortest elevator stoppage ever" "i know. i heard they are persona non grata right now with _____ because of that" "oh really?!!" "yesh".

public servants do some funny things when it involves perception, and protecting the reputation of elected officials. i get ordered to re-word emails all the time, and i'm just barely aboveground on the totem pole.
Perceptions about RoFo aren't great lately, so you'd think someone would want to get a legit story out there ASAP about why he was late rather than having people speculate. You'd think they'd jump at the chance to be able to tell the truth for once.

Is there a video of Ford stuck in the elevator? If so, why hasn't Ford produced it yet? Does the Hilton even have elevators? Where are the engineer-stamped as-built plans??

I think Rob being holed up in an elevator is a more likely explanation than the elevator getting stuck. An elevator getting stuck between floors for 45 minutes is a rare occurrence. Rob having a psychotic break of one kind or another seems to be an almost weekly thing.

Is there a video of Ford stuck in the elevator? If so, why hasn't Ford produced it yet? Does the Hilton even have elevators? Where are the engineer-stamped as-built plans??

exactly. security footage could settle this. but shows how bad it's gotten... he lies so much we need video proof of where he was... sad.

exactly. security footage could settle this. but shows how bad it's gotten... he lies so much we need video proof of where he was... sad.

When I first heard this I must say I visualised a small elevator and a large semi-Mayor physically stuck into it. Apparently it was a regular elevator and he had company. THAT must have been a fun 45 minutes, maybe he entertained them with Jamaican imitations or shared a joint?

I hope Massoudi writes a book about his time with RoFo when this is over. The tales he must be able to tell, not least of all this particular incident. I am not buying any of the explanations put forward so far. Doesn't quite add up. Something is fishy here.

PS, I'm pretty sure I saw Daniel Dale at the library last week looking at some books on elevator maintenance.
Dale tweeted this in the morning at City Hall before Ford showed up to work:
Sitting, waiting, wishing
BerI1mcCIAAlt1Z.jpg

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/426373938071891968
Clearly he was involved in Ford's delay. Revenge for the whole pedo thing? :p

i feel bad for any of the professional women stuck in the elevator - probably wearing heels, if there were 9 people in that car then they would have been a tight fit, and for 45 minutes without being able to relax?

As soon as the elevator excuse was told, Doolittle and Simpson both said they'd find out if it was true. How sad is it that every word that comes off his tongue is assumed to be a lie?

Pick one:

1. The boy that called wolf.
2. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

I can't believe they expected people to eat lunch while this guy was talking

It's a good way to keep people seated while he is speaking. :D

I have a question, if Robbie was stuck in an elevator, which seems to happen a few months or so, what is he doing in the elevator. I watched most of the speech, and he seemed really enthusiastic, like the Cowardly Lion on diet pills (that would explain the constant need to urinate), I'm thinking lines.

Last edited:
Oh god being stuck in the elevator with that fat fuk must have been the longest 45 minutes of her life.

Rhiannon Traill, president and CEO of the Economic Club of Canada, confirmed she was stuck in the elevator with the mayor and a handful of people, and Mr. Ford was “calm†and “gracious†throughout the mishap.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...canada-as-mayor-over-an-hour-late-for-speech/

i'm guessing she actually meant the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back