News   Jul 12, 2024
 929     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 358     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This "memo" was found in a droid, rolling across the snows in the wind:

Ah, my young apprentice. Do not worry about your DUI. I have had a DUI as well, while in Florida like you. Learn from it, my young apprentice.

Soon, in ten years, you also will run, and win of course, a council seat. Then in another ten years, you too will be mayor. While I, will be the... greatest... prime minister... of Canada.

emperor3.jpg

Justin+Bieber+Tops+Hoodie+RQz9pO_bTbNl.jpg

Attachments

• emperor3.jpg
    emperor3.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 392
  • Justin+Bieber+Tops+Hoodie+RQz9pO_bTbNl.jpg
    Justin+Bieber+Tops+Hoodie+RQz9pO_bTbNl.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 476
ADHD is a strong possibility and carries many bi-polar similarities.

Addiction runs strong in the ADHD community as well (self medicating/stimulating)

From my own experience dealing with bi-polar "Hyper-Manic" individuals they do not cycle "that fast" (in the space of time of having a meal) and especially in men - when they do cycle - they are EXTREMELY coherent (in thought) and you need an elephant tranq gun to simply slow them down to the speed of light. They will mumble and trip over words but that's only because they are trying to communicate two thoughts simultaneously.

In this video what is happening to Rob Ford is definitely not a "bi-polar" cycle.

For what it's worth (i.e. not much), here's my opinion to add to the collection: although I've never done coke myself, I've spent plenty of time around drunk/coked up people back in the day. Steak Queen looks to me like booze & cocaine together. Whatever mental health issues Ford has - and no shadow of a doubt that he is not at all well, mentally - the simplest explanation for the Steak Queen rant is quite simply booze & coke.

This is mildly interesting. It's a RoFo quote from Mandel's article on his ideas about running government like a business:

"I took a business approach to politics. My father instilled that: you never let a customer down, you return every call personally and you go out to see them," he said. "They're the boss. When they say 'Jump', you ask 'How high?' It's fundamental. It's just courtesy and common sense."

Interesting that his comment is narrowly limited to keeping customers happy. There's nothing operational or strategic in there (not that anyone would be surprised). Maybe RoFo should rephrase his mantra: "I take a salesman's approach to government."

This is mildly interesting. It's a RoFo quote from Mandel's article on his ideas about running government like a business:

"I took a business approach to politics. My father instilled that: you never let a customer down, you return every call personally and you go out to see them," he said. "They're the boss. When they say 'Jump', you ask 'How high?' It's fundamental. It's just courtesy and common sense."

Interesting that his comment is narrowly limited to keeping customers happy. There's nothing operational or strategic in there (not that anyone would be surprised). Maybe RoFo should rephrase his mantra: "I take a salesman's approach to government."
Did his father also tell him to have selective hearing? Because he has never returned any of my messages, personally or otherwise, nor has he asked how high to jump. So this "customer", along with a heck of a lot of others, isn't happy. Not that Rob really cares. He just says he does.

Did his father also tell him to have selective hearing? Because he has never returned any of my messages, personally or otherwise, nor has he asked how high to jump. So this "customer", along with a heck of a lot of others, isn't happy. Not that Rob really cares. He just says he does.

Good point. I've been stood up on replies, too.

Now i truly get why he joined politics: To be "selectively liked". To be a hero of his own making, to victims of his own choosing.

He's always been laughed at, always been a failure, always been judged. But if he can return a few targeted phone calls, do some insignificant things to make a few people happy, and to then have those people thank him - well, mission accomplished. Self-validation achieved. He doesn't have to address - or even listen to! - calls from all the disgruntled people.

And, as the rest of us know all too well, he can never, ever get fired.

Now i truly get why he joined politics: To be "selectively liked". To be a hero of his own making, to victims of his own choosing.

He's always been laughed at, always been a failure, always been judged. But if he can return a few targeted phone calls, do some insignificant things to make a few people happy, and to then have those people thank him - well, mission accomplished. Self-validation achieved. He doesn't have to address - or even listen to! - calls from all the disgruntled people.

And, as the rest of us know all too well, he can never, ever get fired.

Plus 100!

A few hundred pages back, we were all wondering why he is even in politics. This goes a long way explaining why.

And of course, Rob Ford is late for his speech at the Economic Club this afternoon.

Jackson Proskow ‏@JProskowGlobal
We are waiting for ford at a hotel 1 block from city hall. Ford left CH 20 mins ago and has still not arrived.

The more chatter I hear and the more I read, I'm ever more convinced that the #1 reason a sizable group of the public still support Rob Ford is that they perceive him as being a victim of media hounding. They basically feel sorry for him.

I think on all levels that is ridiculous, especially in light of the recent incident which was recorded by private citizens, not the media. There's also nothing the media has reported on in the last three years that hasn't proven to be eventually true. He's the victim of good investigative journalism basically. Moreover, media "hounding" of Rob Ford is more or less related to him not providing the same access former Mayors did and refusing to answer some very important questions. He also refused the CBC and Toronto Star most media requests from Day #1 as Mayor. The media is doing their jobs and he's avoiding them like few public figures ever had previously. The media are also in competition, not in a conspiracy as Doug would suggest. Yet, people see the cameras and mics being shoved in his face and feel sorry for him. Some educated people I know still seem to give him some support for this very reason. He's the rebel fighter against the media machine narrative.

I'm sort of talking out loud here, but I'm not sure how to change the perception of what is actually going on here. The media should be vindicated and thanked, yet it seems to somehow generate RoFo sympathy.

Last edited:
Forty-five minutes to travel one block from City Hall to Sheraton? Must be those damned Queen streetcars blocking traffic yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back