136     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 882     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 728     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all the American media attention, is going to his head. He is trying really hard to keep his face on their news stations. He must have some plan to get an American reality show out of his antics. He thinks all his stupidity will turn him into an international folk hero. Lots of people love tough talking, belligerent bullies, party boys and buffoons. (Jersey Shore, Honey Boo Boo and all of Jerry Springer's guests)

This, all the way. The more I watch this shitshow play out, the more I'm convinced that "shitshow" is the whole point in the Ford camp. My guess is they realized it was well and truly over at some point shortly before the p-word incident. Of all the ANYTHING he could have said in that moment, I refuse to believe that he lost his head and said "pussy" on live TV out of frustration or whatever. This is a guy who's been in a media pressure cooker for months... and if you watch the footage, it just slid out. He wasn't sputtering. It was intentional.

And since then the antics have seemed more than antics but a calculated move to maximize the "outrageous" factor and make him look like an out-of-control badass who plays by his own rules. Today his security pre-emptively started filming before he and Doug picked a fight with the entire public gallery. If you watch the slowed-down footage of him and McConnell, seems to me that he makes a big show of plowing into her, but then holds onto her and actually lays her down somewhat gently.

Point is, all this looks like very cheap WWF-inspired political theatre, and nothing I saw in Friday's or Monday's meetings made Ford look remotely interested in saving his own skin. My guess is that this is the Fords' new direction: forget about the reality of city council, keep working their brand and the infamy angle, keep getting U.S. airtime, see if it's leading anywhere promising.

This, all the way. The more I watch this shitshow play out, the more I'm convinced that "shitshow" is the whole point in the Ford camp. My guess is they realized it was well and truly over at some point shortly before the p-word incident. Of all the ANYTHING he could have said in that moment, I refuse to believe that he lost his head and said "pussy" on live TV out of frustration or whatever. This is a guy who's been in a media pressure cooker for months... and if you watch the footage, it just slid out. He wasn't sputtering. It was intentional.

And since then the antics have seemed more than antics but a calculated move to maximize the "outrageous" factor and make him look like an out-of-control badass who plays by his own rules. Today his security pre-emptively started filming before he and Doug picked a fight with the entire public gallery. If you watch the slowed-down footage of him and McConnell, seems to me that he makes a big show of plowing into her, but then holds onto her and actually lays her down somewhat gently.

Point is, all this looks like very cheap WWF-inspired political theatre, and nothing I saw in Friday's or Monday's meetings made Ford look remotely interested in saving his own skin. My guess is that this is the Fords' new direction: forget about the reality of city council, keep working their brand and the infamy angle, keep getting U.S. airtime, see if it's leading anywhere promising.

I wish you were right, but I don't think you are. The Fords are completely detached from reality, even when he was a councillor, Ford was a pig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8EpSdyB0zY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOi2wIUCTnA

The best thing about the Ford scandal...Robyn Doolittle...damn she is one beautiful woman! Looks extremely hot on Piers Morgan tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back