160     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 278     0 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 523     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Ford has conned a lot of people including some seriously intelligent people.

Of course they had to WANT to be conned. Anybody with any reasoning skills could see from the start that he was feeding his audience what they wanted to hear, but that his personal record was that of a bullying contrarian.

Just in:

Man charged in the Christopher Skinner murder was coached by Rob Ford at Don Bosco

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/15/former-don-boscoe-football-player-charged-in-skinner-murder

From 2004 to 2008, he served as a team captain five years straight at Don Bosco Catholic Secondary School wearing number 30.

Isn't the number of high school years, four years long? Is that a typo or for real? If he was in there for five years, was it to improve the coach's (Rob Ford) record?

Isn't the number of high school years, four years long? Is that a typo or for real? If he was in there for five years, was it to improve the coach's (Rob Ford) record?

Last of the OACs?

Edit, OAC was phased out in 2003, although 2004-2008 is only four years. Maybe a mistake in a number of ways, or maybe he did an extra year? Victory laps were pretty common around then.

Last edited:
Last of the OACs?

Edit, OAC was phased out in 2003, although 2004-2008 is only four years. Maybe a mistake in a number of ways, or maybe he did an extra year? Victory laps were pretty common around then.

OAC finished in 2003. There were a number of kids at my high school who attended beyond the 4th year, pretty much until they were too old to attend (and for no real academic reason).

Maybe the Catholic school system is 5 years?

High school in Ontario is 4 years, but some kids need the extra year to finish. Other kids have enough credits to graduate but choose to stay another year to increase their average, the kids call it a "victory lap". The province is trying to discourage the "victory lap", and I believe has recently changed the rules.

A must read from Michael Harris at ipolitics:

"Picture a 330-pound Lindsay Lohan with testicles, headed for secret rehab, and you have the mayor of Toronto.

No answers to questions about your recovery plan, Mr. Mayor? You want us to respect your family’s privacy? The way you did when you told the world in a scrum that you were getting enough to eat at home?

Driven by the full brain-rot of reality TV, infomercial journalism and a democracy facing the abyss, we have entered the era of ROFO madness."

http://www.ipolitics.ca/2013/11/14/cracked-rob-ford-and-the-death-of-dignity/

Don't see anything of real interest in that article. It's basically saying that the Ford's have a family business, and we don't know that much about their operations besides that they print things, are profitable and have branches in the States. Nothing to indicate that there's a flow of gravy, like I saw someone mention when linking to the article on Twitter, or that there's anything there to take down Ford.

Project Brazen 2 was an investigation triggered by the reported existence of the Rob Ford crack-smoking video. Obviously there's going to be a lot about Ford in the documents. But they didn't dispatch a police aircraft and spend money on surveillance just to find the video and charge Ford with one charge of smoking crack. They are looking into other possible crimes, including the possibility that someone was killed for the video, and that Lisi might be trying to obtain the video (maybe using threats) -- either on behalf of Ford or on behalf of someone else.

Things that Rob Ford does/says are relevant to the investigation: Is he directing Lisi? Is he getting his staffers involved in the search for the video? Remember it was in the early days of PB2 (May 17) that Ford said to members of his staff that he knew exactly where the video was and mentioned two apartment numbers. Police interviewed Price (and possibly Towhey) the next day. So maybe it's not weird that police are looking into the seemingly mundane details of what Ford staffers (like C. Fickle) are doing outside of their City Hall duties. For all the cops knew, Ford was sending his staffers on errands related to recovering the video. If he's reckless enough to tell them he knows where a video (that "doesn't exist") is, who knows what else he'd ask them to do?

(And the best thing in the Globe article linked above isn't that the staffers got raises, again [especially since they won't get a single paycheque with that raise, come Monday] but that Hotmail LLB is telling the press about Ford's smoothies. What is your job, exactly, good sir? Oh, right - to represent your client's mother's best interests to the best of your abilities

Rob Ford maybe isn't, but what about Doug? 25 years later, no one is willing to go on camera to say they bought a little hash from Doug.

Maybe there's some legal reason not to bring info from Project Traveller wiretaps in an ITO that relates to Project Brazen 2. At least at this point in time...

I agree - all my questions were really rhetorical, pointing out we still haven't seen the police's entire hand. It's what they showed to a judge to get the search warrant and certainly it's awful extensive given that fact. But - call it a conspiracy theory if you want - I think when the rest comes out in court (both Lisi and Project Traveler) there will be more still to hang on Ford. Some people think the police have given him a free pass, I think the other shoe has yet to drop.

And the best part of the Globe article linked above isn't that the Ford staffers all got raises; after all, they won't see a dime of it after Monday. The best part is that Ford's lawyer is selling the smoothie angle...

Mr. Morris also said Mr. Ford is exercising regularly and is eating better, including drinking protein shakes.

“The mayor is pulling up his socks and he wishes to redeem himself for everything that he’s done in terms of poor judgment, poor actions. … We have one year, almost, to come before the public as a person that can be trusted. So I think he’s going to be doing that.”

He's doing a great job staying on-message and spinning and campaigning. I'm not sure what LEGAL work he's actually accomplished but he does seem to be doing a good job representing the interests of his client's mother to the best of his meager abilities.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back