4.6K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 682     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! That is exactly what I'm going to do and I'm going to urge everyone I know to do the same.

It's not funny anymore, it's infuriating to see him and his brother smugly sit there knowing that no one can extricate them and also see council's hands tied at the same time as there is only so much they can do. Those measures today really don't limit his power they just took away extra duties that the council gave to the mayor position back in 2006. It is merely symbolic that they have no confidence in him, but more must be done. This is a 1 in a billion case that this city will hopefully never see again, and I think it calls for extreme measures from the government. He's making a farce of the whole process by knowing how to just toe the line and stay on just-this-side of the law (for now - who knows what else will come out). Their bullying behaviour is outrageous. How is he a role model for anyone? Kids now see that you can be a crack smoking, above-the-law acting buffoon but still remain in a position of power just because of rules. I'm sorry, those rules were made for people who actually follow the rules. When someone is in such blatant disregard of rules, laws, and so out of control, the government needs to change the rules to oust said person as they can no longer effectively do their job. People have resigned for much less, hell, he has pressured people to resign for much less.

Please everyone, get in touch with your councillor and MPP and let's put an end to this fiasco.

Is this possibly the big story they were working on a little while ago that didn't seem to appear?

DiManno usually isn't the one to break big news. She's usually just the one who adds poorly written colour commentary about things after they happen. I'm assuming whatever major story the Star team was working on will be coming out eventually during a slower news week.

It's not even that there is a bottle of vodka in his office. It's that Sluggo is on CNN being watched worldwide while he defends his alcoholic brother with a bottle of hooch in plain sight behind him.

Bumbling incompetence like that is a result of life long practice.

It's great comedy.

Yeah. The optics are bad, but: we know Doug hasn't had any incidents where he's been seen drunk or high in public, no one's really come out to claim that Doug has a drinking problem (from what I see most agree when he says that he rarely drinks or never drinks), and unless I'm mistaken that is Doug's office. We also know that RoFo never springs for the good stuff and drinks Iceberg or Russian Prince exclusively. So while the optics are *terrible* I really don't think this is damning in any way, it's just *funny*.

I think there's booze stashed in every office, City Hall or otherwise. I know our accountant and technical writer have rum and beer on standby for impromptu celebration respectively, and I have vodka for those late night crunches when I'm alone in the office.

But yeah, hilarious and looks bad. That whole interview was a shitshow, Douggie looked like a deer in headlights, stuck only to talking points, and the CNN people missed so many opportunities to really take him to task.

Yes! ...and spend our money doing it! He is out of control and so is his brother who brought up "How much will this cost the tax payers?" Uh it will cost nothing Doug and Rob if you'd just put your ridiculous egos aside and resign. It WILL however cost us money because of their egos if they do intend to move forward with an utterly ridiculous lawsuit.

The rally on Wed really helped councillors who were sitting on the fence to see that over a thousand people came out during the day to say enough is enough and demand Rf's resignation.

People need to organize more demonstrations as well.

2000 people at least. We got ~1100 signatures but *many* people didn't get to sign or didn't sign for privacy reasons, and a HUGE amount of people left after the speeches were done before the petition started going around.

I'd say 1100 is a super-conservative estimate, 2000 is realistic, 3000 is generous but reasonable. Still a huge turnout for a protest about municipal politics in the middle of a work day.

edit: P.S. Apparently people are coming out tomorrow, too. Not SaveToronto affiliated. https://www.facebook.com/events/624279454277426/

DiManno usually isn't the one to break big news. She's usually just the one who adds poorly written colour commentary about things after they happen. I'm assuming whatever major story the Star team was working on will be coming out eventually during a slower news week.

I have to say that the column they pulled was by far the best DiManno piece I've ever read...I thought for a moment that they got the byline wrong. Maybe they pulled it to get her to slop it down to her usual standards.

Kordas is not staff - he's a "friend" and "occasional driver" for Ford. Also, this incident occured before the Mayor's reputation began to disintegrate - the Garrison Ball and crack video stories hadn't been reported yet, and the Sarah Thompson groping story was only a week old. So a politically unaware college party girl may well have been swayed by an invite to "party with the Mayor" without necessarily being paid.

I was just trying to give her the benefit of the doubt.

I have to say that the column they pulled was by far the best DiManno piece I've ever read...I thought for a moment that they got the byline wrong. Maybe they pulled it to get her to slop it down to her usual standards.

hahahahahaha... Exactly how I felt. These reporters are actually writing decent stuff for once.
Is there any update on the video release? This thing needs to be put out now or sometime soon to blow this thing even more open......

Giorgio Mammolitti just said that by removing some of Ford's powers, "City Hall has just done more damage than any other dictatorship in the world".

That guy...I mean...seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back