4.7K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 684     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least Dougie likes half-decent vodka. That Iceberg that Robbie drinks is nasty stuff. :(

Which is funny because Doug is a "health nut" and swears he doesn't drink - which he might have the bottle there to offer guests - but how many people will drink straight vodka... I'd prefer beer in an office setting myself. Does Doug have a problem he hides as well?

Which is funny because Doug is a "health nut" and swears he doesn't drink - which he might have the bottle there to offer guests - but how many people will drink straight vodka... I'd prefer beer in an office setting myself. Does Doug have a problem he hides as well?

Could be innocent but it's suspicious and definitely amusing under the circumstances.

I have a customer who always offers me a drink when I'm in his office for a meeting. He does admittedly love his booze so who knows what's going on here.

I think it's just that it's hard for people to believe that anyone would have chosen to be near Rob Ford in that type of situation without being paid for it. Everybody else around him was his staff, so they were there in their capacity as city employees. What was her excuse? If she was getting paid, I can actually understand and respect that.

Kordas is not staff - he's a "friend" and "occasional driver" for Ford. Also, this incident occured before the Mayor's reputation began to disintegrate - the Garrison Ball and crack video stories hadn't been reported yet, and the Sarah Thompson groping story was only a week old. So a politically unaware college party girl may well have been swayed by an invite to "party with the Mayor" without necessarily being paid.

I wonder how hard DoFO had to fight off Robbie from stealing this bottle. Or perhaps it kept there in case of a RoFo emergency. :D

Ok, that's it. Doug Ford's comments in council today have made me want to take action. I am not political in any way, but for him to say that council is not doing what the people of this city want and that council is acting in a self-serving way really boils my blood. I DID NOT VOTE FOR FORD but others did. Is there no recourse for the people of this city against someone who was voted in but now cannot obviously handle the job. Are we supposed to sit by and let this buffoon continue to run the city and it's reputation into the ground? What can we actually do as citizens of this city to tell Rob and Doug Ford with a resounding "We want you out!!" What is the proper protocol? Call our local councillor? I'm so outraged by this behaviour on both Ford's accounts that I can't ignore it anymore. This is not funny! Our city is in crisis!! What can we do?!!!!

You've nailed it - call your councillor, and let them know how you feel. The Fords claim to have their finger on the pulse of the City; it's up to you to let your representatives know what that pulse is, and since the Fords aren't listening to the deafening calls for resignation, it falls on Council to act.

The next call/email is to your MPP. As these latest events shake out, Premier Wynne has committed to listen to the City and act if requested. Unfortunately, this will take the support of all three party leaders, who in turn will look to their party members (like your MPP) for support. Once Council figures out that they need provincial assistance and how they want it to be provided, the MPPs will all need to know that Council is supported by the citizens.

These are small things - a call, an email takes no more than 10 or 15 minutes. But it's a powerful tool, and one that we should all be using right now.

Someone on Twitter suggested the Renata story was pulled to be used for Saturday's paper. Makes sense, another DiManno story was posted in it's place.

You've nailed it - call your councillor, and let them know how you feel. The Fords claim to have their finger on the pulse of the City; it's up to you to let your representatives know what that pulse is, and since the Fords aren't listening to the deafening calls for resignation, it falls on Council to act.

The next call/email is to your MPP. As these latest events shake out, Premier Wynne has committed to listen to the City and act if requested. Unfortunately, this will take the support of all three party leaders, who in turn will look to their party members (like your MPP) for support. Once Council figures out that they need provincial assistance and how they want it to be provided, the MPPs will all need to know that Council is supported by the citizens.

These are small things - a call, an email takes no more than 10 or 15 minutes. But it's a powerful tool, and one that we should all be using right now.

The rally on Wed really helped councillors who were sitting on the fence to see that over a thousand people came out during the day to say enough is enough and demand Rf's resignation.

People need to organize more demonstrations as well.

So, when robbie takes today's decision to the courts how well do you think his "I'd have voted against me if I wasn't me" will play before a judge?

The other star story from a few years back, quoting Renata's mother saying ford is "not normal", was quite an eye opener.

I just can't believe that of the two parents, RoFo was the one who was granted custody of the kids. THAT is terrifying.

In my experience heavier drinkers tend to always go cheap so it's not surprising.

At the risk of going off-topic,, Iceberg is actually pretty decent IMHO (and Canadian!) and it's certainly not one of the cheapest on the shelf. (Fast look at LCBO shows it's more than Russian Prince and on par with Smirnoff.

Good Lord. Ford is sweating BUCKETS. How is his heart still beating? He is under the delusional impression that he will get votes on October 27th.

Is this possibly the big story they were working on a little while ago that didn't seem to appear?

Michael Cooke (sorry edited that) had tweeted to me that the "big story" had overtaken them with the court doc releases. Don't know if this is true but maybe the spousal abuse story is the remaining Nuclear option the Star has left to nail the coffin shut - now that Renata has been dragged into it they are likely less reluctant to worry about going that route.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back