311     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 474     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 657     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welland, Ontario has a large French population because at one time, Welland had jobs in the steel and machinery industries and many French Canadians moved there between the 1920s and 1950s. It's not just a post-PQ phenomenon. Historical settlements result in a few outposts in Penetangushine and Essex County, but the "French Belt" is from Hawksbury/Cornwall through Ottawa, skips Renfrew County and North Bay and follows Highway 11 through the Little and Great Clay Belts, Timmins, Kapuskasing and Hearst and 17 through Sturgeon Falls and Sudbury.)

We're not quite a bilingual province like New Brunswick is. Most municipal governments, Toronto included, are not required to provide many services in French. The province provides all public communications in French, but very few provincial employees must speak it (mostly communications staff and service/agency staff in French service areas.)

But can you get The Toronto Star there?

I'm guessing that the "health professionals" that Ford mentioned in his statement earlier today are none other than Doug Ford's wife and his kids. Both Karla (Doug's wife) and Krista work as personal trainers. I think a couple of the younger kids are also into athletics and bodybuilding as well.

New poster... I have a comment and a question - I think Renata looks like a junkie.. sorry.... and was Romeo DiBattista mentioned in the redacted info....

Politics aside, that would set a huge, dangerous precedent and surely would not come to pass in this environment.

It's not a dangerous precedent. There will never be anyone like Rob Ford in Canadian politics again, ever. He's a unique situation.

that kimmel video is pretty emblematic. how about this:

LAS VEGAS (AP) — In true Vegas fashion, former mayor Oscar Goodman is blaming it on the booze.

Sin City's ubiquitous cheerleader made headlines when he threatened to go home Sunday night after waiting 20 minutes for an interview with Anthony Bourdain, host of CNN's travel show "Parts Unknown."

Bourdain was in town filming an episode. He responded via Twitter on Wednesday that he had not been late for the meeting with the former mayor at Oscar's Beef Booze Broads Steakhouse at the Plaza.

Both men denied a column in the Las Vegas Review-Journal that ran with a headline suggesting Goodman was "broiling" over the incident. Columnist Norm Clarke told The Associated Press that Goodman thought Bourdain was late and was grousing about it in front of reporters and hotel officials.

On Wednesday, Goodman said if he gave the impression that he was mad, it was only because he was three martinis in. He said he should not be held accountable for his actions after 5 p.m., and that at least he wasn't smoking crack, unlike a certain Toronto official.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Former-Vegas-mayor-blames-Bourdain-spat-on-booze-4981410.php

this is seeping into mainstream american culture, probably worldwide culture. toronto's crackhead mayor. wait until the teevee shows sink their teeth into the hookers, extreme foul language, and being drunk at work/pretty much all the time - in addition to using crack and cocaine. bet that crack video scores a million hits on youtube within a few hours, for instance.

Kimmel actually ruins the joke by extending the delay. The 8 seconds was painful enough. That just makes it look like he actually answered quickly but the extended footage is the joke. I look forward to The Daily Show and SNL however...

Kimmel actually ruins the joke by extending the delay. The 8 seconds was painful enough. That just makes it look like he actually answered quickly but the extended footage is the joke. I look forward to The Daily Show and SNL however...

I missed Jon Stewart Monday and Tuesday. Should I go back and watch (other than for the obvious reason that he's great no matter what)? Has he done any Ford stuff this week?

I missed Jon Stewart Monday and Tuesday. Should I go back and watch (other than for the obvious reason that he's great no matter what)? Has he done any Ford stuff this week?

No Ford stuff, but last night's episode was pretty good.

Last edited:
Every day I go to the construction site to work.
Every day I come home and check the news.
Every day I hope to see the Fords dead and gone.
Every day I'm disappointed.

It's not been my month thus far.

Now he's giving pressers and talking like I do with my friends?

Oh, oh....who am I? "Folks, I have nothing left to hide."

"I'm sorry that I have to fake apologise to everyone."

What a funking coonta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back