News   Jul 18, 2024
 363     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 763     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben Spurr ‏@BenSpurr
Intention of third special meeting on Monday is to transfer bulk of Ford's budget to deputy mayor

Ford would be left with enough money for 3-4 staff, according to Gord Perks

Given how much his staff has enabled him, it could be argued this would be for Ford's own good.

Imagine how many pages would this thread get to if Ford got another term?.
And the laughs we could have!

Seriously one day this entire thread belongs in a museum, it's an amazingly thorough historical record of the Ford mayoral administration from just before it started until (presumably) it ends.

Again, as I understand it, there is no mechanism for removing him from office apart from him being convicted of a crime and sent to jail (or violating the conflict of interest legislation). He could sit in his office buck naked slathered in peanut butter singing showtunes all day and there's nothing that could be done legally to remove him.
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Oh gosh... you're probably right.

Hopefully Toronto 2213 thinks nice things about us

In one hundred per cent honesty if I ever write a book about the Ford years I will be using this thread as my number one memory jogger for every tiny bit of minutiae regarding what went on. There is not a press conference, not a newspaper blurb, not a gaffe, not a boring council meeting with one tiny spark of something said that isn't documented and commented upon at length in its pages. It really is a pretty incredible historical resource, like the worlds most detailed oral history.

If you write the book, "An Oral History of Rob Ford" might be a misleading title, given today's events.

Depends how deep I go. I'd probably get more of an immediate reaction by staying around the surface. But I believe that intense, prolonged penetration is the only way to really get a satisfying result that will be truly remembered.

In one hundred per cent honesty if I ever write a book about the Ford years I will be using this thread as my number one memory jogger for every tiny bit of minutiae regarding what went on. There is not a press conference, not a newspaper blurb, not a gaffe, not a boring council meeting with one tiny spark of something said that isn't documented and commented upon at length in its pages. It really is a pretty incredible historical resource, like the worlds most detailed oral history.

Given today's events, your use of the word oral made me smile.

But in all seriousness I really do hope that someone copies and archives this thread. It will absolutely be an absolutely amazing centralized reference for all things Ford related.

Depends how deep I go. I'd probably get more of an immediate reaction by staying around the surface. But I believe that intense, prolonged penetration is the only way to really get a satisfying result that will be truly remembered.

Haha. Wow. So it's come to this, has it?

Given today's events, your use of the word oral made me smile.

But in all seriousness I really do hope that someone copies and archives this thread. It will absolutely be an absolutely amazing centralized reference for all things Ford related.

It's also amazingly well sourced. Everyone is so link happy it's incredible. Not only do you get the details of every small instance of the administration, you also get links to news stories, videos, council minutes, anything a really serious bibliography would need.

I'm guessing that the "health professionals" that Ford mentioned in his statement earlier today are none other than Doug Ford's wife and his kids. Both Karla (Doug's wife) and Krista work as personal trainers. I think a couple of the younger kids are also into athletics and bodybuilding as well.

The connection is even closer. Ford's new driver and Krista Ford train at the same gym for bodybuilding competitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back