493     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 619     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
NYC had a run of terrible mayors in the 70s and 80s, and they survived. I think that's a less melodramatic comparison to run with.

They didn't exactly fare well from them, They recovered, but new york was a very scary place to live in the 70's and 80's.

Am I missing something? I thought the investigation began after the news broke about the crack video. So how do the cops have Doolittle under surveillance? And if the photo comes from elsewhere, why didn't they report it sooner? And where's Metroman?

Maybe Kevin Donovan took the picture.

Am I missing something? I thought the investigation began after the news broke about the crack video. So how do the cops have Doolittle under surveillance? And if the photo comes from elsewhere, why didn't they report it sooner? And where's Metroman?

The cops had Siad under investigation as part of his drug/gang activites.

the ITO reveals elena johnson / basso has prostitution charges. does that tie into all the speculatively prostitution stuff that's been discussed here?

Mayor Rob Frod ‏@TOMayorFrod 3m
When trick-or-treating, wear brightly-coloured costumes so motorists will see you. #Halloween #safetytip #TOpoli pic.twitter.com/Ga8a6EBfYd
BX8Vny-CMAE1h_C.jpg

the ITO reveals elena johnson / basso has prostitution charges. does that tie into all the speculatively prostitution stuff that's been discussed here?

http://www.cbc.ca/toronto/news/pdf/brazen-ito-redactions.pdf

Page 400:

LISI and the Mayor attended the Steak Queen restaurant situated on Rexdale Blvd. west
of Martin Grove Rd. The two entered the restaurant and exited moments later. They
boarded the Range Rover and travelled to the area of Celestine Drive and Lavington
Drive where they circled the block and then returned to the Steak Queen restaurant.

i) Of note; it is believed that at this time, LISI picked up a female from the area of 5
Lavington Dr.

5 Lavington Drive is a strip mall at Dixie and Kipling (according to Google Maps). Was Lisi or Ford looking for a good time?

A combination of weak minds in an era where people who possess knowledge are considered elitists with agendas and a fragmented media with a radical contingent that pumps up the wattage on the convictions of people who are already incredibly stupid or downright mentally ill.

Hey, sounds a lot like Twitter.

There's a current "Twitter harassment" case working its way though the courts back in Toronto which essentially came about because the wackjob complainant was fucking a Crown attorney. A few people at MAG are going to lose their jobs about over this, not to mention the lawsuit for wrongful arrest (the victim spent a week in the Don Jail).

So glad I'm out of that place.

I believe it has been mentioned before but this Sunday's Fords' show should be really interesting

I'll save you an hour:

Re Lisi: "I know a lot of folks. I stand up for the little guy. Who doesn't have friends with a few issues?"
Re ITO: "It's a shame the police are taking hints from the liberal elite press"
Re Video: "What a bunch of baloney. This is dirty politics folks, plain and simple. We are here to help the taxpayers."

Hey, sounds a lot like Twitter.

There's a current "Twitter harassment" case working its way though the courts back in Toronto which essentially came about because the wackjob complainant was fucking a Crown attorney. A few people at MAG are going to lose their jobs about over this, not to mention the lawsuit for wrongful arrest (the victim spent a week in the Don Jail).

So glad I'm out of that place.

What is MAG?

Eesh what a wild day friends. I'm a bit disappointed and not surprised. Ford is stubborn and won't go down until he's in cuffs. I like many of you are profoundly upset that there was never an arrest or warrant or search of sorts during all these weird transactions and now that the cat is out of the bag, I don't think Robbie will be busted repeating his habits again. Lawyer Ruby was right as are many of your comments.

Fact is that for the lasts couple years it's not like he really drove council agenda as the rest developed spines and saw him for who he really was, so even if he sticks around another year, he's not going to get his way.

I read from 7am to present just now and a couple comments based on above. (Sorry if I go back in time)

1) age of consent in Canada is 16 (used to be 14 then Harper raised it), 14 I believe still is OK pending the age difference

2) if ford is just buying pot (which the cops may know), then any amount under 1/2 oz ($100-200 depending on quality) is decriminalized and he'd get a slap on the wrist or at worst community service/fine

3) not sure about the other drug laws specifically, but for small amounts I don't think cops do much

So much better to see ford's support base & political clout implode for the long term good of the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back