180     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 326     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 747     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christie Blatchford is just such a giant waste of space. Managed to write an article that falsely insinuated Rob was only getting pot from Lisi, and then called out elitist Torontonians for hypocrisy.

This is less than 24 hours after she called social media a "lynch mob" at the Webster awards. Probably because they insist on accuracy, which is inconvenient to soulless, self-serving ideological simps.

Well it's true we don't know where the crack was coming from. I would think TPS tried to get Bahrami to sell crack before they went for the pot bust. But he was not the source.

There is no mention of the Dixon City Bloods in this (redacted) ITO. I'm assuming Shoaib Malook of Dixington Cres is not a Blood. So maybe RF has not smoked crack since the surveillance started.

Well it's true we don't know where the crack was coming from. I would think TPS tried to get Bahrami to sell crack before they went for the pot bust. But he was not the source.

There is no mention of the Dixon City Bloods in this (redacted) ITO. I'm assuming Shoaib Malook of Dixington Cres is not a Blood. So maybe RF has not smoked crack since the surveillance started.

what makes no sense if what is with these constant meetings with rob and his dealer.....

If it was just weed rob being a rich man would buy 1-3 pounds for around 4-6000 dollars since he has the money, its not like he is picking up dime bags

what makes no sense if what is with these constant meetings with rob and his dealer.....

If it was just weed rob being a rich man would buy 1-3 pounds for around 4-6000 dollars since he has the money, its not like he is picking up dime bags

Yeah I've been wondering the same thing. I'm addicted to wine but I don't visit and call the LCBO as often as Rob and Lisi interacted with one another.

Welcome... to Fantasy Island!
rob_doug_ford.jpg

where all my fantasies come true!

Maybe he was hiding the drugs from Doug and Diane, or whoever has been keeping him on the straight and narrow. That could also explain small quantities?

In at least one case, it sounds like what Lisi was secretly delivering was not pot. It was vodka and orange juice!

So does anyone here think that council will really vote on a non-confidence motion because of the scandals? I've heard that a few times today in the media. Legally it wouldn't do anything but declare that council doesn't have confidence in the mayor any longer.

So does anyone here think that council will really vote on a non-confidence motion because of the scandals? I've heard that a few times today in the media. Legally it wouldn't do anything but declare that council doesn't have confidence in the mayor any longer.

It would send a message though. I bet the only people do vote against would be Doug, Nunziata and Crisanti.

I'd like to see the confidence vote if only to penalize those who stand by him. Frankly anyone involved in defending him in the last few months should pay some political price. I'd also like to see repercussions for the journalists that enabled his activities by accusing anyone who tried to hold him accountable as being on a witch hunt. I know I'm dreaming, but...

Maybe he was hiding the drugs from Doug and Diane, or whoever has been keeping him on the straight and narrow. That could also explain small quantities?

In at least one case, it sounds like what Lisi was secretly delivering was not pot. It was vodka and orange juice!

Exactly what I was thinking...

One thing that I'm surprised no one has brought up about that: If Lisi and Ford were sitting in a school parking lot downing 2 bottles of vodka, how the hell did they leave? It would take a good 4-5 hours to bring your blood-alcohol level back down to a level where it was legal to drive. I highly doubt they sat there all afternoon after they finished off the vodka. And we know that Rob Ford isn't very fond of walking or public transit.

I'd like to see the confidence vote if only to penalize those who stand by him. Frankly anyone involved in defending him in the last few months should pay some political price. I'd also like to see repercussions for the journalists that enabled his activities by accusing anyone who tried to hold him accountable as being on a witch hunt. I know I'm dreaming, but...

Very good point, I was going to disagree on the non confidence vote at first as a waste of time (work on real business) but any politician still backing him needs to be called out for the next election.

Well it looks like most Torontonians want the mayor to resign.

On the left leaning Toronto Star, 79% of respondents have said that the mayor should step down on their web poll.

On Newstalk 1010, which leans more conservative, 75% of respondents said that Mayor Ford should step down on their web poll.

I also believe the Toronto Sun had a poll where 70%+ of respondents said that they mayor should resign. It looks like that poll and the comments have since been removed from the page.

Of course these are unscientific polls. But I'm expecting Ford's approval rating to take a massive hit once we see our next "proper" poll. Perhaps in the 20% - 30% range.

Oh look who decided to show up. Ms. Sue Anne Levy. Enjoy

TORONTO - Let me make one thing perfectly clear.

I was happy and relieved to be sent to Queen's Park four months ago to get away from the Rob Ford sideshow at Toronto City Hall.

I grew tired of talking about him and not about the city.

Even though I'd repeatedly criticized the media feeding frenzy directed at him, he let me down.

Ford was not my first choice for mayor. I liked what I saw with Rocco Rossi. But when Rossi didn't connect with voters, I realized Ford represented the only hope of returning fiscal sanity to City Hall after watching David Miller increase spending on the operating budget by 44%, hike the city's net debt by 176% and cave repeatedly to his CUPE union pals...

Toronto Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back