4.8K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 692     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The comments in the SUN are hilarious. Ford Nation still won't bulge. Ford could literally kill another person and they probably wouldn't care, as long as their tax dollars didn't go towards the purchase of the bullets.

Can't say I'm surprised. In a way it is similar to the birther movement in the US. We've seen the birth certificate, yet there are still those (mostly racists and/or mentally ill) who continue to believe he is Kenyan. Once the video is released, there are those who will still believe it is a fake.

Toronto lawyer claims police botched probe

http://www.newstalk1010.com/news/2013/10/31/toronto-lawyer-claims-police-botched-probe

A renowned lawyer who failed to have Rob Ford ousted from office accused Toronto police on Thursday of deliberately giving the embattled mayor a pass on his alleged drug use and ties to accused and convicted traffickers...........``The police have either ignored or overlooked all the evidence against Ford,'' Ruby told The Canadian Press.

``I've never seen such a botched investigation, and I've seen thousands.''

Blair, who insisted police treat everyone equally, would only say the investigation is continuing.

``He can actively investigate as long as he wants, but there's no longer going to be any hand-to-hand transactions to see, there's no longer going to be any phone conversations to wiretap,'' Ruby said.

``It's an investigation designed to have no evidence at the end. It's hopeless, because (Blair) chose not to act when any other police officer would act.''

Last edited:
I think Ford should step down too. Too much disruption to the City at this point.

He's a paradox of a man. I admire many of his policies and his steadfast belief in helping people in this city, as well as his admirable goals of fiscal responsibility and progressive transportation improvements that look beyond short term funding issues, though I despise bigots and homophobes for their ignorance. I don't take him as a full on bigot or homophobe but more as someone who is ignorant but should know better than to throw around insensitive remarks.

As Alvin suggests, the lies and denials, of subjects that I personally think should not have been as big an issue as they've become, are getting to be too much to tolerate and I agree that if he genuinely cares about us all he should either take a lengthy reprieve from office immediately or just step down.

He has betrayed the public trust.

Since our mayor will be around for another year, a few initiatives he could get behind in the coming months:
- Getting kids on the pipe-working with TDSB on encouraging crack use-economic benefits to dealers which trickles down to at-risk communities
- Allowing the sale of liquor in corner stores... and parking lots, public parks, highway ramps and schoolyards
- Changing public urination bylaws, no explanation necessary.
Other things:

- Revise the legal drinking age to 0 years
- Sell alcohol, marijuana, and crack cocaine in public schools
- Lift prohibition in High Park and feed the animals in the High Park Zoo with various addictive substances
- Allow humans to defecate wherever they wish, just like dogs
- Reinstate Aztec human sacrifice
- Make Rob Ford supreme leader and Big Brother
- Rewrite history to suit Rob Ford
- Install security cameras everywhere
- Force everyone to hail Rob Ford or else he would remove our beating hearts and sacrifice them atop the altar located atop the CN Tower

Last edited:
Can't say I'm surprised. In a way it is similar to the birther movement in the US. We've seen the birth certificate, yet there are still those (mostly racists and/or mentally ill) who continue to believe he is Kenyan. Once the video is released, there are those who will still believe it is a fake.
...and yet the Birthers keep defending John McCain, despite being born in Panama (though in the Panama Canal Zone, which was part of the United States when he was born).

Probably all ready mentioned, but the SUN is publishing a FREE EXTRA on Ford's follies!

People, Hell has officially frozen over.

I wonder if the Sun thinks that now that more has come out, people will forget about their unwavering support for Ford. I mean, I'm all for people seeing the most obvious of lights, but they can't just wash their hands of all this this easily can they?

...and yet the Birthers keep defending John McCain, despite being born in Panama (though in the Panama Canal Zone, which was part of the United States when he was born).

Ted Cruz being born in Calgary is another.

I respect Clay Ruby but this is such BS. The Toronto cops observed Ford accepting suspicious packages in his home and car. No WAY is that indictable, nor even probable cause to search or a basis to get a search warrant.

Read the ITO. There is plenty of evidence of illegal activity, and a long list of people who observed the Mayor doing some weird stuff. The obvious police strategy is to try to get one of these people to turn Crown evidence on Ford now. I am betting on Jay Bahrami to drop first.

Still, why did TPS release all this info when the investigation is clearly not at its natural end? I think this is Bill Blair's cry for help. He does not want to be responsible for all this on his own. Can't say I blame him.

Something no one has brought up yet. Ford's habit. How is he going to feed his addiction now? His supplier was arrested. I'm sure he's got a stash but that won't last forever. Who's going to supply him now? Will he increase his alcohol intake? Will he be walking around City Hall dealing with withdrawal issues? The coming days and weeks could be very interesting.

ah, but czonists weren't officially full US citizens, just US nationals, if they were born there between 1904 and 1937, following a 1904 ruling that such territories were not considered part of the United States. McCain, born in 1936, only became a "natural born American" and eligible for the presidency due to a retroactive law change.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some type of public meltdown. Maybe not as dramatic as Britney Spears, but something wacky. Unless his family can get him into rehab, but I doubt they can. Probably Doug is the only one who could manage that.

Is there anything in the document that mentions Doug Ford? The moment he said he had never met Lisi before I - and everyone else - was calling BS. I won't be fully satisfied until Doug gets taken down too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back